Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Range Etiquette Question

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Other than safety violations, complaining about folks on public ranges is like eating at Chuck E Cheese and complaining about the ambiance.
    Up men! Up! And to your posts! Let no man forget today that he is from Old Virginia! - General George Pickett

Feedback Score
    Fortunately for me, I'm a member of one of the best private ranges and it's only 12 miles from my house.

Everyone I've met there has been courteous, friendly and accommodating.

Were brass hitting other members, it would be worked out amicably.

Since, I can, I go during the week - I often have a range all to myself. I avoid the week-ends when it can be a bit crowded.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Was at a private range yesterday morning, shot out to 1263y with a 13 mph wind. It was awesome !! Keep your chin up.

Feedback Score
    That guy who gets pissed because brass is hitting him on a busy firing line is probably the same guy who goes to an overcrowded bar and gets pissed whenever someone accidentally bumps into him. Some people are simply psychotic and intentionally put themselves in situations where they can find some excuse to start something.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    When brass is hitting me I just try to drive on and suck it up. Except one time when a dude showed up with a 50BMG with a clam shell brake. I figured he would give me a heads up and let me know when he was going to touch one off. Guess what, he peppered my face with powder and tipped over my coffee cup spilling the last of my Java Joy all over the bench.... He thought it was funny. We had a talk after that but I didn't go FULL retard on him.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Correct me if I'm wrong but HKGuns didn't say he was spraying. Just like 1 out of 10 22lr was hitting the guy. I'd hardly call that spraying.

As far as noise, try sitting two arms length from a guy shooting an M1 Garand during a competition.

Not something I would whine about though. Adjust mentally and roll on.
    Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brown3345 View Post
    When brass is hitting me I just try to drive on and suck it up. Except one time when a dude showed up with a 50BMG with a clam shell brake. I figured he would give me a heads up and let me know when he was going to touch one off. Guess what, he peppered my face with powder and tipped over my coffee cup spilling the last of my Java Joy all over the bench.... He thought it was funny. We had a talk after that but I didn't go FULL retard on him.
    He was probably the same guy who was griping about being hit by .22 shells...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The easy solution is for both parties to be NICE and COURTEOUS...amazing how it all works out...
    "Those who do can't explain; those who don't can't understand"...

Feedback Score
    I feel the guy over reacted, but on flip side you could easily set up something to deflect the brass. People in general but especially fellow gun owners need to learn to talk to to each other and work through things like this. It should not be this big of a deal.

Feedback Score
    The other weekend their was an AK ejecting brass so hard it stuck in the wood. We laughed about it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast