Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 7.62 Noveske AR Build

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Nice build! Looking forward to your range report.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Looks great. Also anxious to see how it works for you. I have been wanting to put one together so I can have it set up the way I want it. Appreciate the detailed info on the build.
    Open the pig!

Feedback Score
    Hurry up and get to the range, we want to hear about how it shot haha.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorinInTheWoods View Post
    Hurry up and get to the range, we want to hear about how it shot haha.
    I was planning on going today but it started to rain..... That and cold...... I will wait.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Why didn't you buy a N6 Gen 3?
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    I would venture to say he probably built it cheaper than buying a factory n6. I like using noveske 5.56 barrels but don't feel the need to pay the extra for a forged receiver with the Noveske cross. I would like to have a factory Noveske rifle but their barrels are expensive enough for me.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Mainly because I simply like Noveske Barrels. But also because I do not like:

Geissele Charging handles
    Geissele triggers
    Keymod or Mlok
    Norgon Ambi magazine release
    and Magpul STR stocks

So after changing all of that stuff out I would be out almost another $1K. So I built one the way I wanted one. If I could only find a picatiny rail that I like for a 308. But until then I will stick with my PRI.

I have not bought a complete rifle since 2004 when I get a Colt 69?? and pulled the barrel and replaced it with a Noveske S 16" barrel and 12" LaRue Hand guard.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post

Geissele triggers
    Keymod or Mlok
    and Magpul STR stocks

So after changing all of that stuff out I would be out almost another $1K. So I built one the way I wanted one. If I could only find a picatiny rail that I like for a 308. But until then I will stick with my PRI.

I have not bought a complete rifle since 2004 when I get a Colt 69?? and pulled the barrel and replaced it with a Noveske S 16" barrel and 12" LaRue Hand guard.
    Doc, you're like a conservative rifle preacher. But compelling.

You get ol' girl out to the range yet? I am itching to see the results. My .308 gas gun project is anxious to hear.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post

Geissele triggers
    Keymod or Mlok
    and Magpul STR stocks

FINALLY!!!!!
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    This forum is going to be the divorce of me! LOL I've resisted building a .308 for quite a while now, not sure how much longer that's going to last.

Nice looking build. I would have some different preferences but it certainly looks like it will get the job done!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast