Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any SEAL/UDT followers out there.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    If you mean Mr. Brink, he works at the Navy Seal History Museum so I suspect he knows a thing or two about the subject. Stephen Ambrose was never in the military and was only 8 years old on "D Day" but he probably knew more about that subject than any person alive in the 20th century.

That said, I'd also recommend SOCNET, it's their favorite game.
    Yeah, but that is exactly the kind of taking the piss out of someone I grew up with and spent almost 30 years in the military with.

What’s he gonna do,
    Put his account up for sale on the equipment exchange over it?
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    I don’t know a lot about SEAL/UDT class numbers and graduation dates...

Class number 211
    Graduation date 1970
    Graduation from Coronado

I saw a gentleman today in the local grocery store. He had a UDT shirt on, baseball cap, PO 1st class rank, basic EOD badge.

When he turned around I thanked him for his service and also noted that he was a “Twin Pin”. He had no clue of what I was talking about. Said he graduated EOD in Coronado as well. I know EOD school has been in a couple different locations, but I don’t believe it’s ever been in Coronado.

With that being said, I think he was full of shit.

He’s a local guy to me. I dislike people who BS about military service. I’d like to have the proper knowledge before I say anything else.
    I'm a tour/answer guy at the UDT-SEAL Museum on my day off and can find people easily. Museum has all the books. We do it all the time. Sadly, I'd say easily 3 out of 5 people grew up believing their uncle, friend, some times even father, was UDT or SEAL and they were not. It's sad to see. Some times they will call the person on the spot and ask why they're not in the books, and it ranges from denial to "I was too top secret to be in those books" responses. Can look up by BUDs class and name.

Or, probably faster and easier, try SOCNET
    Last edited by WillBrink; 05-16-18 at 09:06.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    If you mean Mr. Brink, he works at the Navy Seal History Museum so I suspect he knows a thing or two about the subject. Stephen Ambrose was never in the military and was only 8 years old on "D Day" but he probably knew more about that subject than any person alive in the 20th century.

That said, I'd also recommend SOCNET, it's their favorite game.
    Agreed, try SOCNET. I wouldn't trust some damn groupie either
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Will, I’d appreciate any help you’ve got.

I looked up SOCNET and sent an email.

Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I'm a tour/answer guy at the UDT-SEAL Museum on my day off and can find people easily. Museum has all the books. We do it all the time. Sadly, I'd say easily 3 out of 5 people grew up believing their uncle, friend, some times even father, was UDT or SEAL and they were not. It's sad to see. Some times they will call the person on the spot and ask why they're not in the books, and it ranges from denial to "I was too top secret to be in those books" responses. Can look up by BUDs class and name.

Or, probably faster and easier, try SOCNET

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    In my limited experience in training most of those guys who have been there and done that don’t feel the need to tell anyone. The last instructor I had when asked by one of the students said “Yeah I was in the Navy” and that was all he said about it. David

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Will, I’d appreciate any help you’ve got.

I looked up SOCNET and sent an email.
    See if SOCNET can help. If not, need full name and BUDs class at least.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score

Class number 211
    Graduation date 1970
    Graduation from Coronado

I saw a gentleman today in the local grocery store. He had a UDT shirt on, baseball cap, PO 1st class rank, basic EOD badge.

When he turned around I thanked him for his service and also noted that he was a “Twin Pin”. He had no clue of what I was talking about. Said he graduated EOD in Coronado as well. I know EOD school has been in a couple different locations, but I don’t believe it’s ever been in Coronado.

He’s a local guy to me. I dislike people who BS about military service. I’d like to have the proper knowledge before I say anything else.
    Class 211 would have graduated BUDs in the late 90s to early 2000s. This guy is full of shit.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I would be more inclined to think the "gentleman" was a frogman if he was wearing sandals, shorts and a Jimmy Buffet t-shirt.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Class number 211
    Graduation date 1970
    Graduation from Coronado

I looked in the books and confirmed with outreach director:

BUDs class 211 was 97

If he'd graduated in 70, would be class 51, and would have been Little Creek, not Coronado.

Conclude from that what you will...
    Last edited by WillBrink; 05-27-18 at 15:21.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I appreciate everyone’s input in this thread.

I won’t seek this person out, however if I do run in to him again, I’ll try to get more information. I live in a relatively small town so there’s a good chance I’ll see him again.

Will, definitely stated 1970 graduation date with a class number of 211.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast