Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any SEAL/UDT followers out there.....

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    I appreciate everyone’s input in this thread.

I won’t seek this person out, however if I do run in to him again, I’ll try to get more information. I live in a relatively small town so there’s a good chance I’ll see him again.

Will, definitely stated 1970 graduation date with a class number of 211.
    Then he's another stolen valor type sadly.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Unfortunately that is what it appears to be.

First time I’ve ever encountered this.

Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Then he's another stolen valor type sadly.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    A quick update to this thread...

Memorial Day parade in the town my wife works. Bunch of current and old timer military marching in the local parade honoring our fallen. Post parade, I see one of the officers talking to an older gentleman in his service white uniform with PO 1st class rank.....holy shit, this is the guy from the grocery store. He doesn’t recognize me but I know it’s him. I asked him what he did in the navy...UDT/EOD “Twin Pin” (Friggin guy didn’t even know what a Twin Pin was last time). This time though, he graduated class 69 in 1972 and graduated EOD school from China Lake in 1973.

After a bit of back and forth I was pretty much done. Then I notice his ribbon stack...not 1 but 2 Purple Hearts. In the end, I made him take his stack off and sent him away. I asked him if he remembered me from when we spoke the first time in the grocery store and he originally told me his class was 211 and he graduated in 1970. He couldn’t remember anything. The local news station who was covering the parade in seeking the guy out to do an “interview”.

It’s a shame that he marched in the parade.

Will,

If you’re interested; Koehler was his last name. I can PM you if need be.
    Last edited by davidjinks; 05-27-18 at 16:54. Reason: Spelling

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    A quick update to this thread...

Memorial Day parade in the town my wife works. Bunch of current and old timer military marching in the local parade honoring our fallen. Post parade, I see one of the officers talking to an older gentleman in his service white uniform with PO 1st class rank.....holy shit, this is the guy from the grocery store. He doesn’t recognize me but I know it’s him. I asked him what he did in the navy...UDT/EOD “Twin Pin” (Friggin guy didn’t even know what a Twin Pin was last time). This time though, he graduated class 69 in 1972 and graduated EOD school from China Lake in 1973.

After a bit of back and forth I was pretty much done. Then I notice his ribbon stack...not 1 but 2 Purple Hearts. In the end, I made him take his stack off and sent him away. I asked him if he remembered me from when we spoke the first time in the grocery store and he originally told me his class was 211 and he graduated in 1970. He couldn’t remember anything. The local news station who was covering the parade in seeking the guy out to do an “interview”.

It’s a shame that he marched in the parade.

Will,

If you’re interested; Koehler was his last name. I can PM you if need be.
    Seems to me a waste of time to do any additional searching on that guy. Obviously not UDT/SEAL
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    not 1 but 2 Purple Hearts

Do you mean two ribbons? Or a ribbon with an OLC?
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Ribbon with a star.

I’m not entirely sure what the proper device should be to signify the second award; either oak leaf or star.

EDITED TO ADD: I suck with ranks from other branches. Apparently you Navy guys have your ratings built into your rank. Hopefully the link will take you to the rank he had seen on his service whites. Special Warfare Operator, 1st class.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...s_Navy_ratings

Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    not 1 but 2 Purple Hearts

Do you mean two ribbons? Or a ribbon with an OLC?
    Last edited by davidjinks; 05-28-18 at 07:48.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    In years past, someone who qualified to be a frogman had their original rating insignia sewn on the sleeve of their uniform. There were other devices on the uniform that indicated a Sailor was qualified to serve in a special operations billet. I don't remember seeing the Special Warfare Operator rating displayed on the rating patch sewn on any uniforms when I separated in 1985. The SWO1 must have been developed after 1985.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ribbon with a star.

I’m not entirely sure what the proper device should be to signify the second award; either oak leaf or star.

EDITED TO ADD: I suck with ranks from other branches. Apparently you Navy guys have your ratings built into your rank. Hopefully the link will take you to the rank he had seen on his service whites. Special Warfare Operator, 1st class.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...s_Navy_ratings
    It should be a bronze OLC for second award and silver for sixth.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 05-28-18 at 10:42.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123