Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: M1 Garand pic thread

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Great find, I wonder how many are around me that I have no clue about!!! That's an amazing find and an older one to boot. I need to join th garand collectors acc just for the stories and pics.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fordtough25 View Post
    Great find, I wonder how many are around me that I have no clue about!!! That's an amazing find and an older one to boot. I need to join th garand collectors acc just for the stories and pics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Burma Shave View Post
    That seems interesting, I will look it up!
    Here's the link for you guys http://thegca.org/
    * Just Your Average Jewish Redneck *
    Participant in Year-Long Gun Fighting Training Program
    Competition Shooter in NRA, CMP, IDPA
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PattonWasRight View Post
    Well honestly, I do appreciate all the close up & detailed pics, and am in awe of your collection. Are you aware of the "Garand Collectors Assoc" here in the US? They welcome stories like yours. I wrote one up awhile back and was published, so it is very "grass roots" in terms of editorial content. I'm sure they would publish your tales, but you would have to join the organization to do so. It's $30ish annually, not a big deal.
    One of the best $25 you can spend in the US. Overseas it is $40 due to postage costs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorBurn View Post
    Yeah, I figure with how easy it is to swap the rear sight, and the trigger group on the IHC I should go ahead and do it.

CMP tag listed muzzle wear at 2+, and throat at 3. It's just barely a 2 at the muzzle on my CMP gauge, and 2 on my Brownells throat gauge. So it has real nice barrel specs.

I like 3/55 barrels and rifles. 2 days till my birthday. My latest HRA is about 60,000 numbers lower than yours with a 1/55 barrel. HRA 5.539m. It joined my twin 4.73M HRAs. Both of those have 3-54 HRA barrels.
    My SA field grade has very similar readings. 2 MW and 3 TW. It came with the sight base for the grenade launcher on it. Back of the tag says " correct " and it is. 5.85 million serial number with a 3/55 SA barrel.
    Last edited by FlaDon; 03-07-18 at 19:51.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Burma Shave View Post
    A Garand from Springfield Armory with the M7 grenade launcher and the M15 sight attached. It’s in an acceptable condition but unfortunately the stock cartouche is very faint, hard to see on the pic, but it’s still there.

I see that one has been visited by the en bloc termites at some time.

Feedback Score
    Just occuring to me that for SHTF purposes, consider the "political" SHTF perspective ...

The M1 can really fly under the radar of any possible "assault weapon" bans ... doesn't have a detachable mag, less than 10 rounds and no "features"

So, worth considering for political insurance purposes
    * Just Your Average Jewish Redneck *
    Participant in Year-Long Gun Fighting Training Program
    Competition Shooter in NRA, CMP, IDPA
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PattonWasRight View Post
    Just occuring to me that for SHTF purposes, consider the "political" SHTF perspective ...

The M1 can really fly under the radar of any possible "assault weapon" bans ... doesn't have a detachable mag, less than 10 rounds and no "features"

So, worth considering for political insurance purposes
    Main thing is wood. That allows even a Mini-14 to fly under the RADAR.
    M1 has "features". Bayonet lug. Which on other Rifles and Carbines is banned in some states.

Feedback Score
    Most commie states ( I used to live in the gulag known as New York ) list features banned on rifles with detachable magazines. Have not seen a state ( yet) specify the “ban features” applying to a rifle without a detachable magazine.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    My 1.9 mil Springfield Armory:

Just "upgraded" the rear sight with a Type II SA repro lock bar from AmmoGarand and the gas cylinder plug with a slotted unit. Unfortunately, the rear sight's finish doesn't match the receiver but, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, oh well.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast