Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pipeline cyber attack

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Of the 12+ stations I passed this afternoon around 4, on a 30 mile trek from Raleigh to Creedmoor NC, only three stations had gas. Lines were out into the roadway at each, and one had three POs directing traffic in and out.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Started seeing stations out of gas in the Rock Hill, SC area today.

Feedback Score
    I so wanna do a "Smokey and the Bandit"/"Road Warrior" run across the US with a double tanker.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I work from home most of the time and can switch to all the time if need be. I can go a month before needing to fill up. Wife is another story. Her job requires her to be in office, 100% of the time, even during the worst of the pandemic time she was there. Her daily round trip commute is 40 miles. She started Monday morning with a full tank. Best case scenario, her car can last 7 days but realistically more like 5 days. We have some reserve but somewhere down the road, she's (meaning me) going to have to go sit at some gas station at 5am waiting for a fuel truck. LOL

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletdog View Post
    All the RaceTrac locations in my area of GA were out yesterday. Had to drive to Kroeger to fuel up. Saw four more stations out of gas today. I'm south of ATL in the Peachtree City/Newnan area.
    Newnan is relatively safe. ATL prepare thy anus.

Per the hack....it wasn’t a hard hack. Some dipshit didn’t firewall or wasn’t thinking and poof. These malware hits are not Hackerman in his black hoodie doing backdoor reverse handshakes while typing super fast and listening to Techno. These are all passive and basically playing upon diversity hire stupidity.

Wiping it would be more dangerous than just paying out.

I blame Windows. And NO YOU DUM DUMS IT IS NOT RUSSIA JFC. Were I a gambling man I would say French Arabs or possibly Albanians given how amateurish it was. Plus they whitelisted a bunch of Arab and Centro-slavic people based on what even normie news is reporting.

Regardless another crisis to use as an excuse to trample rights and supply.

More free cheese, NSA could pull their card any day. And don’t.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I work from home and filled up on Sunday so I'm good for a while but just checked gas buddy and so far so good around here just north of Philadelphia

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    My best friend works cyber security and for the past several years has been working on cyber security for infrastructure. There are two main issues here. 1) the infrastructure is more and more getting internet access even if it's not needed. 2) cyber security that works with the old "dumb" infrastructure is a fairly new aspect of cyber security and is still a young technology.
    Cyber security is hard, expensive, and not sexy. Nobody in infrastructure wants to deal with it.

But they all figured out how to log into their workstations remotely using TeamViewer, use an easy password, then share it with everyone and their brother using personal email.

The above isn’t fiction or hyperbole. It actually happened. And this is only the most recent.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/10/us/fl...ber/index.html

Sent from 80ms in the future

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    One major gas station near me is already out. And I live in a rural area....
    In the immortal words of James May, "Oh cock."

You know I heard some rumors a while back about gas prices getting jacked up to $7 bucks/gal or so in the near future, just figured out it was some of the Biden paranoia running rampant right now, and couldn't figure out how we'd possibly get there. Well...
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    One major gas station near me is already out. And I live in a rural area....
    In the immortal words of James May, "Oh cock."

You know I heard some rumors a while back about gas prices getting jacked up to $7 bucks/gal or so in the near future, just figured out it was some of the Biden paranoia running rampant right now, and couldn't figure out how we'd possibly get there. Well...
    Never let a crisis go to waste your gas prices will be up and somehow just stay up I am betting ? Could be wrong but ??

Also was listening to someone talking about energy costs and history and the history of Europe etc... and he thinks we are going to be seeing the same energy cost issues from Europe happening here so sure soon enough your house will cost half again more then 2x more then 3x more then 4x more to heat !
    OH WAIT did that not already have a test run in Texas ! Hmmmmmmmm

And whats funny is those electric cars wont be so cheap to run hahahahahahah

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    I so wanna do a "Smokey and the Bandit"/"Road Warrior" run across the US with a double tanker.
    Sign me up!

On my way into work yesterday, every station I passed was at about 80% capacity. On the way home in the afternoon/evening, nearly every station was lined up, but not all the way out into the road. Inexplicably, one station would be lined up around the parking lot, but the station across the street had 4-5 open pumps with other pumps occupied, so they had gas.

This morning was about the same as yesterday morning, but not as many people getting gas. I didn't see any that were obviously out of gas, although a few of them had no customers, their signs were still up/on.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast