Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: CORVID-19 Preps?

Feedback Score
    Question for @Outlander_Systems

What is CFR?

Maybe I scanned over it in my previous reading, but I cannot for the life of me pull the meaning out of my limited reservoir of knowledge.

Thanks in advance,
    Rick
    NRA Life Member

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

"Tyranny cannot be safe without a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace." - James Madison

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Case Fatality Rate.

Quote Originally Posted by rickwinger View Post
    Question for @Outlander_Systems

What is CFR?

Maybe I scanned over it in my previous reading, but I cannot for the life of me pull the meaning out of my limited reservoir of knowledge.

Thanks in advance,
    Rick

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

CORVID-19 Preps?

Has anyone seen details on how it affects kids around 1yo? I know the CDC’s site says there’s nothing to suggest young kids are at an increased risk, but that’s it. My wife and daughter are supposed to be flying several time in the next few months and I’m not crazy about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Absolutely, brother.

Quote Originally Posted by rickwinger View Post
    Thank you!
    There’s, good evidence that children <10 are significantly less negatively impacted by this.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/11/the-...ople-kids.html

I don’t have the publication handy, but for age groups ranked in ten year increments, the younger you are, the less likely to have serious or critical complications from this. Ages 40+ is where the bulk of Serious and Critically-ill patients are seen.

As a father of a 2 year old, and soon to be newborn, Coronavirus scares the shit out of me. I’ve had a decent life; I don’t want to see my babies get it. All data is preliminary and the tempo is high, but initial findings seem to be leaning towards young patients having high levels of resilience towards the disease.

That said, I’d definitely prefer that my kids aren’t orphans because some lazy disgusting slob was too much of a shitass to cough into his arm, or wash his filthy hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Has anyone seen details on how it affects kids around 1yo? I know the CDC’s site says there’s nothing to suggest young kids are at an increased risk, but that’s it. My wife and daughter are supposed to be flying several time in the next few months and I’m not crazy about it.

Last edited by Outlander Systems; 02-25-20 at 06:37.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    That said, I’d definitely prefer that my kids aren’t orphans because some lazy disgusting slob was too much of a shitass to cough into his arm, or wash his filthy hands.
    I've never understood this. Why is basic hygiene so difficult? I work in our county office, and I can't count how many times I've gone to the restroom and seen or heard someone come in, do their business, and walk out without washing their hands. It's just not that difficult.

Now, I won't even speak about the time I found feces on the floor or a puddle of piss under the urinal.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    It's really stunning when you think about it. I watched some ****ing slob cough all over his hands a couple of weeks ago and proceed to slather his filth-ridden fingers all over the coffee machine.

Quote Originally Posted by HCrum87hc View Post
    I've never understood this. Why is basic hygiene so difficult? I work in our county office, and I can't count how many times I've gone to the restroom and seen or heard someone come in, do their business, and walk out without washing their hands. It's just not that difficult.

Now, I won't even speak about the time I found feces on the floor or a puddle of piss under the urinal.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post

I watched a leaked video from a Chinese hospital where they were using adult size body bags placing three toddlers in per bag to save on bags. I told my wife to send it to her brother who has young kids. Children are not at a lesser risk than anyone else. The CDC seems to be parroting the doctored numbers and risk assessment that the Chinese government is releasing. I don't trust any of it. Young, old, healthy, not healthy- doesn't matter, once you get severe pneumonia you either come through the other side or you don't. If I were you I wouldn't be flying anywhere- there is nothing worth that risk, nothing.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Absolutely, brother.

There’s, good evidence that children <10 are significantly less negatively impacted by this.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/11/the-...ople-kids.html

I don’t have the publication handy, but for age groups ranked in ten year increments, the younger you are, the less likely to have serious or critical complications from this. Ages 40+ is where the bulk of Serious and Critically-ill patients are seen.

As a father of a 2 year old, and soon to be newborn, Coronavirus scares the shit out of me. I’ve had a decent life; I don’t want to see my babies get it. All data is preliminary and the tempo is high, but initial findings seem to be leaning towards young patients having high levels of resilience towards the disease.

Right there with you. We have a 2 year old and an infant, and they are our biggest concern. Luckily we can shut-in easily since I work from home and my wife is home with the babies. Even without the risk of COVID-19 my wife is ready to shut down the play dates due to everyone getting both gastroenteritis and bad colds this season.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Dude my kid brutalized me last year. I got to find out what Hand, Foot, and Mouth really feels like for an adult.

Quote Originally Posted by RazzleDazzle View Post
    Right there with you. We have a 2 year old and an infant, and they are our biggest concern. Luckily we can shut-in easily since I work from home and my wife is home with the babies. Even without the risk of COVID-19 my wife is ready to shut down the play dates due to everyone getting both gastroenteritis and bad colds this season.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Damn, that sucks. I'm sure we'll land on that soon enough in the game of Spin The Sickness Wheel.

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast