Thread: Peltor replacement parts

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Peltor replacement parts

I have a set of Peltor Comtac ACH that are about 2 years old. The rubber cover for the volume/power rocker started coming apart today. Everything still functions, but any water resistance is clearly gone.

Does anyone have experience buying parts from or having service provided by Peltor?

Their website lists a $230 estimate for Comtac repair. Has anyone replaced similar parts on their own assuming I can source the part?

Thank you in advance.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I’ve had mine repaired a couple times. Always good quality and pretty quick overall. You’ll have to send them for an “estimate” if it’s something a little off the res. What you’re describing shouldn’t be that much. Give them a call and ask, I’ve found that helps cut through the crap a little too.
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I gave them a call. They said expect about $50. Now I just need to get them sent in.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Good deal. I’ve found a phone call is best contact for most applications. Glad it worked out.
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    Have you tried to find an exploded diagram with part numbers? I had to replace the battery door gasket on my comtacs. Once I found out the part number I ordered it from an electronics company that sold peltor radio parts.

If its something thats one or two screws and a new rubber cover, it may be a $10 part you can change yourself.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYresq View Post
    Have you tried to find an exploded diagram with part numbers? I had to replace the battery door gasket on my comtacs. Once I found out the part number I ordered it from an electronics company that sold peltor radio parts.

If its something thats one or two screws and a new rubber cover, it may be a $10 part you can change yourself.
    Even though I’m not an electronics guru, I’d love a link to said diagram if one can be had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I searched for quite a while hoping I could just replace it myself. Peltor told me the part is not available.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubbs103 View Post
    I searched for quite a while hoping I could just replace it myself. Peltor told me the part is not available.
    I was told the same thing when I originally called for the gasket. Thats why I had to order it through a radio dealer. They’ll tell you “its not available...” but the rest of that sentence is “unless you are an authorized dealer...”

It took more than a few places to find one who would just sell me the gasket without servicing it themselves. And as for the diagram, I got the part number from a different dealer who said he couldn't order it, but gave me the number to help me search for it.
    I dont have a diagram, was only suggesting maybe you could find one.

Wish I could help more, but it was probably ten years ago and I cant remember the place that got me the part.