Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Overblown handgun arguments...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    How do new shooters know if it's an odd grip? There's nothing to compare to.

The grip argument always baffled me.
    That comment appears when there is something to compare it to. For me, it's happened when I've laid out several striker guns for side-by-side comparison. Alongside guns like the FN 509, M&P, XD, P10, the Glock is the odd one out, grip-wise.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Never had a grip feel so drastically different. Some are a little thinner or thickner, a little wider or narrower. But they've all felt about the same. Everything from my first gun a Ruger P89 to the G26 that followed it to the Beretta 92, the S&W 5906 ending with the G19/17. The only time I noticed a difference was between a Desert Eagle and a Ruger LCP

Besides, I don't really care how they feel as much as how I shoot with them.
    Last edited by Arik; 05-25-20 at 14:34.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    14. Being able to disassemble a gun without pulling a trigger is important.
    To an educated gun enthusiast, (nearly all of us here) no. To the "average" person or non-enthusiest Police Officer or military service person, yes, its important and will reduce ND's. (Based upon thoery and pragmatism/empirical data)

Feedback Score
    Never had a grip feel so drastically different. Some are a little thinner or thickner, a little wider or narrower. But they've all felt about the same. Everything from my first gun a Ruger P89 to the G26 that followed it to the Beretta 92, the S&W 5906 ending with the G19/17. The only time I noticed a difference was between a Desert Eagle and a Ruger LCP

Besides, I don't really care how they feel as much as how I shoot with them.
    Man, you must be able to wear size 9-13 shoes and 34-44 inch pants, too! 😄

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Man, you must be able to wear size 9-13 shoes and 34-44 inch pants, too!
    That not even remotely the same thing. You going to tell me that the difference in grips between a G17 and M&P2.0 are as different as pant size 34 and 44?

Feedback Score
    "The reason I carry a .45 is because they don't make a .46" the guy behind the gun counter said.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danus ex View Post
    5. "You're not safe unless you carry..." We live in the safest world that has ever existed, individual context aside. Here's a quick list of things more important to your survival as a civilian: your target profile, your awareness, your wits, your sprinting ability, your shoes, and your phone. I'm not saying don't carry, I'm saying the reality of "your encounter" will not match your fantasy.
    Whoa! Dose of truth. I'd add cardiovascular fitness and alertness while driving to that list.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That not even remotely the same thing. You going to tell me that the difference in grips between a G17 and M&P2.0 are as different as pant size 34 and 44?
    I think he was talking about concealment.

Re: M&P 2.0 and Glock. I am one of the rapidly vanishing breed that competes in action pistol. For years as an adjunct to my day job, I shot production with a Glock. Once I retired I became more serious about chasing the illusive 1920 score. I talked with a buddy who I was shooting with and he told me, you need to get a more accurate pistol for production or move to metallic sights or open class. Since the last time I had asked him about what it cost to have him build an open pistol the price quote was around $4,300 with the buddy discount, I asked him what he would get for a production pistol. He suggested an M&P 2.0, so I bought one.

That's for background. Up to that time I'd been shooting 5 to 6 hundred rounds a week out of a Gen 2 Glock 22 with a Lone Wolf conversion barrel. The M&P felt way different. When I first started with it, I would invariably shoot high at speed. I thought it was sights so I chased that for a while, finally started fooling around with the grip adapters, and got it solved with some dremel/sanding work.

Since then, I've switched back to the Glock, shooting a 19X, although if it wasn't for GSSF, I would have stayed with the M&P2.0.

Sample of one, but yeah, some folks can tell the difference.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Whoa! Dose of truth. I'd add cardiovascular fitness and alertness while driving to that list.
    Things that will kill you:
    Heart disease
    Heart disease with hypertension
    Heart disease with diabetes
    Heart disease
    Heart disease
    Not wearing seatbelt
    Not wearing helmet
    Texting while driving
    Sepsis
    Heart disease
    Broken hip
    Lung disease
    Leaving the dryer/space heater/xmas tree running, and FIRE
    Heart disease

Small chance:
    The ‘Rona
    Shootout
    Heart disease (i’m just kidding, this is what you’ll prolly die of)
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Nah. But the Glock grip feels squared and like it makes less even pressure in my hand than the better-contoured grip of a S&W 2.0. The S&W feels better to hold and shoot. A CZ P01 better still.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast