Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Armour Wear?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Those friggin plates are FAT. Goodness! I'm looking at a set of plates soon too. I like the weight and price of those, but way too much bulk for me.
    http://www.bulletproofme.com

Shooter cut level 4 lightweights. Shooter cut front with triple curved square/rectangle back. Light and comfy plus affordable.
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky5019 View Post
    http://www.bulletproofme.com

Shooter cut level 4 lightweights. Shooter cut front with triple curved square/rectangle back. Light and comfy plus affordable.
    That post is from three years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    That post is from three years ago.

Maybe Sparky is on dialup?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VARIABLE9 View Post
    Maybe Sparky is on dialup?

I still have no plates.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I had a set of AW Level 3+ plates. The modern 2017 incarnation is rated for multi hit M855 and other "pesky" rounds that punch through conventional Level III plates. They are only 0.2" thicher than normal SAPI plates and 30% lighter. Only 4.9 lbs for a size L standalone. SAPI plates are 2 lbs heavier and still require a soft backer (another ~ 1lb). I don't know of another plate on the market that offers this level of protection at such a low weight or such a low cost. They really offer incredible value.
    Last edited by ClangClang; 11-06-17 at 12:03.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Armour Wear?

I still have no plates.
    I have more armor than I do carriers. I still think it’s the last thing to cheap out on and Velocity Systems is one of the very few I will buy from. Budget red dot go down in a gun fight? Use irons. Budget AR go down in a gunfight? Throw it at the bad guy and use your pistol. Budget ammo not facilitating a fast bleed out? Shoot him a bunch more. Budget armor that can’t take a rifle shot? Get shot by a rifle and maybe die.

Last edited by Wake27; 11-06-17 at 12:34.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

I still have no plates.
    Nah. This is what happens when I’m supervising an anesthesia student who’s doing all the work and we’re in a7 hour case in the middle of the night...and my ADHD meds have worn off. Lol.

Still no plates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have more armor than I do carriers. I still think it’s the last thing to cheap out on and Velocity Systems is one of the very few I will buy from. Budget red dot go down in a gun fight? Use irons. Budget AR go down in a gunfight? Throw it at the bad guy and use your pistol. Budget ammo not facilitating a fast bleed out? Shoot him a bunch more. Budget armor that can’t take a rifle shot? Get shot by a rifle and maybe die.

I have more carriers than I do armor. It’s like Barbie clothes. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have more armor than I do carriers. I still think it’s the last thing to cheap out on and Velocity Systems is one of the very few I will buy from.
    There's definitely some merit to that opinion, but I disagree that you need to spend Velocity money to get adequate armor. If it passes rigorous testing by an independent third party laboratory (e.g. H.P. White), I am satisfied. That's the same lab which test Velocity's stuff as well. Velocity plates cost 4x the price for a 50% thickness reduction. That might be worth it to some people, but the value:money ratio isn't worth it to me. They all stop the same threats.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ClangClang View Post
    There's definitely some merit to that opinion, but I disagree that you need to spend Velocity money to get adequate armor. If it passes rigorous testing by an independent third party laboratory (e.g. H.P. White), I am satisfied. That's the same lab which test Velocity's stuff as well. Velocity plates cost 4x the price for a 50% thickness reduction. That might be worth it to some people, but the value:money ratio isn't worth it to me. They all stop the same threats.
    If you ever have to actually move in your armor, you’d appreciate the difference. But your money.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast