Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt LE6920 prices going up!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx_Aggie View Post
    So you're celebrating a buying panic on Colt rifles and hoping for Warren to get elected?
    Aggie logic at work.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Nice try, but the truth is that everyone hates on people that rock Colts, and the only fanboyism seems to be pointed in the direction of BCM and DD.

Not too many guys out at ranges wearing Colt hats, shirts, or rocking the stickers on their rifle cases. How many times have you seen the * BCM hats? I’ve seen a bajillion.

Back in 2012 when Colts were $1300 and BCM uppers were selling for $350 do you think shooters were recommending the Colt on M4C? Of course not. That’s stupid.

Last month it did make sense. It had nothing to do with fanboyism or brand loyalty and everything to do with economics. Now that Colts are fetching stupid prices again everyone should be ditching them to the idiot collectors and buying BCM again. Put that extra cash in your ammo and magazine stockpile. It’s all cyclical.

I agree that if you are buying a Colt today at $1,300 you are a moron. But I also contend that if you were not buying Colts a few months ago at $700 you were a moron then, too.
    I buy my shit to shoot and if I don’t shoot it, off it goes.

I actually have a Colt hat I got from LE armorer course but gun hats look douchey.
    99% of gun stuff looks douchey.
    Nothing like a short, squat dude in diabetes socks and Walmart sandals rocking a 5XL shirt with some motard BS about a freeking AR. Woopeedooo.

I’d rather, as you know, go shooting in my AOC shirt, my Star Wars crap, my Firefly show crap and adorn my stuff with punk rock stickers or anime girls.

I agree with the rank fanboyism. When BCM or DD buys me tranny or Jamaican hookers, I will rep them bigly.

Now that said KAC actually did get me laid. That happened. So I don’t mind hyping them up.

All this normie talk. I have a slutty colt I shoot. This is why I am actually getting out of gun collecting. I hunt, shoot, and live with the same gats I had for 15 years

Get a solid gun. Shoot it. Live your life. Not hard.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    Aggie logic at work.
    Way to deflect.
    Last edited by Tx_Aggie; 10-13-19 at 19:50.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Maybe. But if it's worth $2250+ now, what'll it be worth after Pocahontas is elected?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx_Aggie View Post
    So you're celebrating a buying panic on Colt rifles and hoping for Warren to get elected?
    Aggie logic at work.
    This is pretty standard stuff.

A lot of folks sitting on those AR's hoping for prices to go through the roof so they can sell off, are the same folks who holler 'I'll never do business with CTD because they price-gouged during the panic.'

In many cases your ethical stance depends on whether you are buying or selling.

But then again, I'm the simple shit that gave a guy selling off all his property to go into assisted living more than he was asking for a rifle. Good deal for me, good deal for him, happy all around, smile in the mirror.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    The other post was partially sarcasm.
    Don't back down man.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    I've got Colt (Lots of Colt), LMT and I just bought a Brownell's upper and lower to make my XM177E1 clone. Wanted something to remind me of the XM177 I carried in my aircraft during the mid-1980's.

I bought a Bushmaster back during the late 90's and the AWB. It had this horrible flash hider abortion called a "Mini-Y-Comp". The damn thing was loud - painfully loud. After about 100 rounds thru the Bushmaster, the Mini-Y-Comp blew off the end and landed in the dirt. Had a guy down in Florida (can't remember his name) and well known gunsmith put one of his extended A2 flash hiders on the upper to make it legal. Really great item. I think that gunsmith is dead now. Sold off that Bushmaster and bought my first LMT.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Ha ha. Thanks for the Bushmaster memories. Had nearly the same experience.

I believe you are talking about Kurt from Kurts’s Kustom Firearms (KKF). I had the same work done. Remember, back then it wasn’t an true FH, it was a muzzle brake that looked like an A2 FH.

That guy died in a motorcycle accident I believe. He was an interesting guy and quite the legend on BARFCOM during the AWB and before his death.

Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    I've got Colt (Lots of Colt), LMT and I just bought a Brownell's upper and lower to make my XM177E1 clone. Wanted something to remind me of the XM177 I carried in my aircraft during the mid-1980's.

I bought a Bushmaster back during the late 90's and the AWB. It had this horrible flash hider abortion called a "Mini-Y-Comp". The damn thing was loud - painfully loud. After about 100 rounds thru the Bushmaster, the Mini-Y-Comp blew off the end and landed in the dirt. Had a guy down in Florida (can't remember his name) and well known gunsmith put one of his extended A2 flash hiders on the upper to make it legal. Really great item. I think that gunsmith is dead now. Sold off that Bushmaster and bought my first LMT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    This is pretty standard stuff.

A lot of folks sitting on those AR's hoping for prices to go through the roof so they can sell off, are the same folks who holler 'I'll never do business with CTD because they price-gouged during the panic.'

In many cases your ethical stance depends on whether you are buying or selling.
    That's a much better way of putting things, and is essentially the point I was making.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    What else I noticed at the same gun show, the prices of other Colt rifles hadn't budged.

There was a ban era HBAR A4 match, a 16 inch AR-15 A2, a couple of SP1. No increase in asking prices

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pomyc View Post
    Ha ha. Thanks for the Bushmaster memories. Had nearly the same experience.

I believe you are talking about Kurt from Kurts’s Kustom Firearms (KKF). I had the same work done. Remember, back then it wasn’t an true FH, it was a muzzle brake that looked like an A2 FH.

That guy died in a motorcycle accident I believe. He was an interesting guy and quite the legend on BARFCOM during the AWB and before his death.
    That's the guy-Kurt Wala, of Kurt's Kustom Firearms. That extended muzzle brake fake A2 was actually quite nice, and he machined this stuff himself. The Bushmaster was not a bad rifle. I think I had run @ 1000 rounds in it before I sold it after the AWB sunset. I had removed that pinned sliding stock and put the real deal on it. Other than the Mini-Y-Comp, never had any kind of failure with that carbine. Took that money from the sale and did an LMT SBR.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast