Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid Vaccination for Children

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Covid Vaccination for Children

Please keep personal feelings about Covid, the government's handling of Covid, the origin of Covid, people who do or do not get vaccinated, and all conspiracy theories to yourself.

We know Covid 19 primarily kills the older folks in our population, 81% of Covid deaths occured in people 65 or older and very few of the remaining deaths occured in the 18 and under kids who contracted Covid.

I know through personal anacdotal evidence and non-professional research that the vast majority of kids have mild symptoms at most in they contract Covid. There appears to be little evidence that children spread Covid, and even less that they could spread Covid to vaccinated adults.

I am not a medical professional, don't even play one on TV, but I like to think I have some common sense. I don't understand why kids are being vaccinated for Covid at this point.

Am I missing something? Do you all feel that Covid vaccine should be given to kids at this time?

Article basically saying what I did: https://townhall.com/columnists/chad...-kids-n2587347

Andy

P.S. Please keep this civil.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    According to the data, kids are the least likely to catch it, the least likely to get seriously ill from it, and only low-moderate risk for spreading.

I can't find it now but I will keep looking, there was an article in Reason magazine that made a compelling case against kids getting COVID vax.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Why? Easy..... because grandma!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Spreading by being so called A symptomatic is BS...this lie was the main key into the whole lock down / mask / jab agenda. Jabs have already proven to not stop transmission, only reduce symptoms so the guilty to save granny angle doesn't work. Kids have no reason to be getting the jab when they are 99.9% survivable.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post

As far as I can tell, that is the only legit reason at this time, and data was mixed as to their ability to spread it, from very to little approx 50% of that of adults. In non mumbo jumbo speak, as of June 2:

"Most children who become infected with the COVID-19 virus have no symptoms, or they have milder symptoms such as low-grade fever, fatigue, and cough. Early studies suggested that children do not contribute much to the spread of coronavirus. But more recent studies raise concerns that children could be capable of spreading the infection.

Though the recent studies varied in their methods, their findings were similar: infected children had as much, or more, coronavirus in their upper respiratory tracts as infected adults.

The amount of virus found in children — their viral load — was not correlated with the severity of their symptoms. In other words, more virus did not mean more severe symptoms.

Finding high amounts of viral genetic material — these studies measured viral RNA, not live virus — in kids does not prove that children are infectious. However, the presence of high viral loads in infected children does increase the concern that children, even those without symptoms, could readily spread the infection to others."

My personal feeling is, focus on getting 100% of those at higher risk vaccinated who want it, and we have a ways to go for that one, get more data as it applies to kids, and develop guidelines that make sense as it applies to individual families: You have people at home at high risk (e.g. grandma, adult that is immuno compromised, etc), it may be prudent to have the kids vaccinated. You have healthy adults at home who already had covid, and or are vaccinated, etc, not so much.

Again, data is in flux and continues to develop and will so for at least the next year, and anyone claims the hard data exists to talk in absolutes is not accurate.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 06-03-21 at 10:21.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artos View Post
    Spreading by being so called A symptomatic is BS...this lie was the main key into the whole lock down / mask / jab agenda. Jabs have already proven to not stop transmission, only reduce symptoms so the guilty to save granny angle doesn't work. Kids have no reason to be getting the jab when they are 99.9% survivable.
    Seems like the OP requests already in jeopardy by the above comments, but data continues to develop on that aspect, and while it remains unclear what role asymptomatic spread contributes, it's very clear presymptomatic transmission is a major transmission vector. How does one know they are presymptomatic spreader vs asymptomatic? You don't, hence following the guidelines for preventing transmission is what we have to work with at this time.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post

Grandma should be vaccinated, not grandchild

Andy

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Seems like the OP requests already in jeopardy by the above comments, but data continues to develop on that aspect, and while it remains unclear what role asymptomatic spread contributes, it's very clear presymptomatic transmission is a major transmission vector. How does one know they are presymptomatic spreader vs asymptomatic? You don't, hence following the guidelines for preventing transmission is what we have to work with at this time.
    We don't know what we don't know other than massive fauci deception & politicization of using covid for a morbid agenda will...point being, you give the kid the jab & he can still give it to grandma, so why jab the kiddos who don't need it?? My comment wasn't uncivil...I feel it's spot on. Guilting kids into saving granny when they don't need it doesn't bother you obviously.

Using common sense & you receive the jab but don't know you have it continue about your day spreading covid...we can now say the jab MAKES one A symptomatic. I decline the jab, start feeling sick so I stay home / isolate & start on my therapeutics. I just don't understand the guilting aspect to get the jab?? They are having to bribe folks to get their 70% goal by 4th of July & targeting kids who clearly do not need them is abhorrent when it is EMERGENCY USE ONLY.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Grandma should be vaccinated, not grandchild

Andy
    DITTO !!

and as a parent and my parents are grandparents they have said DO NOT force your kids to get it do not buy in they are Ok with it they have hada. great life at risk makes sense !!

again obesity is one of the largest problems with covid and for health in general obesity kills more than covid and crickets and I am going to say most folks here who are pro vac are not in good metabolic shape since that is only %12 of our population DO SOMETHING about that people

I got out of shape and did something about it something everyone can do and is easy and life changing more than getting a shot

Feedback Score
    Vaccine trials on ages 12 and older have gone quite well from what I've read. Trials on ages 6 months to 11 are in process.

It will be interesting to see how schools handle this. McCallie, a private Christian school here in Chattanooga for 6-12 grades, has announced they will require all staff and students to be vaccinated. Girls Preparatory School, grades 6-12, hasn't announced a requirement yet, so far just encouraging all to be vaccinated. Public schools.... who knows... probably waiting for legal determination on EUA before tackling the question of vaccine requirements. Pfizer and Moderna have already filed for full use approval for adults. I would guess filing for full use approval for 12 and older will soon follow.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 06-03-21 at 14:13.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast