Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Struggling on latest 308 Selection

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    NF, Leupy, S&B. for day optics
    Insight Lasers, and a variety of Clip on Night Vision.

ALL of which work fine on .300WM, and .50BMG guns...

I already tried to get NF a POC, but it seems that no-one wants to admit their is an issue.

Oh and something like another 18 Combat Critical failures last month in theater (which to me was probably dead optics).

I would guess (just a guess) there is a reason FN sells the gun commercially with a muzzle brake on the gun.

Its a neat gun, light and compact, and the government got exactly what they asked from FN.

Now I'll get off my SCARBASH

And lastly as we at KAC have said forever, we do not run different production lines, and the VAST majority of commercial buyers would be just as well served by a less expensive gun.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
    www.fnhusa.com

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    PatrioticDisorder, see KevinB's response.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    PatrioticDisorder, see KevinB's response.
    KevinB represents KAC, I'd love to actually see evidence by end users that are unbias, just saying.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I think

I think you just called that man's integrity in question, just sayin"

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    KevinB represents KAC, I'd love to actually see evidence by end users that are unbias, just saying.
    Way to passive aggressively question a man's integrity.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PNorris View Post
    I think you just called that man's integrity in question, just sayin"
    No not at all, but it's kinda funny there is an entire forum of SCAR users and nobody is having an issue, that's a very interesting point.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    No not at all, but it's kinda funny there is an entire forum of SCAR users and nobody is having an issue, that's a very interesting point.
    You know what you did but has it ever crossed your mind that military acceptance testing is a bit harder than enthusiasts at a forum?

http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...ll=1#post97049

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    You know what you did but has it ever crossed your mind that military acceptance testing is a bit harder than enthusiasts at a forum?

http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...ll=1#post97049
    That is a great link, very insightful but it actually SUPPORTS what I was saying.... And you made another point for me, the issues there have been were with guns run very hard, I'm not .mil and will probably never put 50,000 rounds through my SCAR, like 99.9% of civvie shooters so even there was an issue, it's blown WAY out of proportion.

And pretty much what I said, EOTechs, early ACOGs, early Elcans, cheap optics and what I didn't mention some lasers had issues.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Not to completely negate what you're saying, but as a member of that particular forum, it has been my observation that the skill, experience and real-world-usage levels in evidence there are typical of a hobby community, rather than a group of industry professionals, experienced trainers and service/contract users.

When you aren't shooting the gun all that much and/or aren't employing it in a particularly adverse environment, you are unlikely to reveal its shortcomings, whatever those might be, so I'm not at all surprised that we aren't seeing a lot of related feedback from the commercial market. For my part, I like the SCAR just fine, but have admittedly not carried one into harm's way, so my own experience base is limited at best.

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm relating notes from the community.

Frankly I think most commercial users will find the SCAR-H a great platform. The price point is good -- accuracy is fair, and the weight is good. I'm not too keen on some of the ergonomics but that is me.

The biggest issue I have with the SCAR is on the Crane side - when in testing the accelometers gave nil result - and the decision was made that it was not needed to retest the SOPMOD M4 items on it, as they worked on the 'heavier recoiling systems'

In a programmatic acquisition standpoint the fact a 5-7k gun can ruin my 9-25k NV, that a non starter.

My other main bitch at the SCAR Program-wise is that to make it more palatable, they trashed the M4 SOPMOD, Mk11, Mk12, and Mk18 programs.
    Which I would argue where most cost effective, as they where based on a service common platforms and thus cost the tax payer a lot less. One reason, for the MARSOC adopting of the M110K1 as their SOF Battle Rifle was it was a service common (M110) conversion. It gave them a 'free' (to SOF) M110, and they converted it into a Battle Rifle -- the Mk13 was then their sniper rifle.

I'm looking at this from my perspectives -- I've got no dog in the commercial gun owning fight.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
    www.fnhusa.com

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast