Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: PSA AR pistol Kits

Feedback Score
    I ordered the pistol on sale for 519 from Palmetto State and will install the dead foot arms folder on it, since I have a storm coming my way I may not be on here much though. I am ready for looters though just in case!

Feedback Score
    My gen 2 PA10 ran fine once I replaced the whole buffer assembly,tube, buffer and spring. Otherwise it would have ripped a piece of the upper off, it was the thickness of three .25 pieces too long.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tennessee stud View Post
    My gen 2 PA10 ran fine once I replaced the whole buffer assembly,tube, buffer and spring. Otherwise it would have ripped a piece of the upper off, it was the thickness of three .25 pieces too long.
    I'm sorry, but I'm just trying to understand this post. What was "it" and what was "too long"? Maybe I could then understand what piece of an upper would have been damaged.
    Last edited by L-2; 10-28-19 at 22:01.

Feedback Score
    The BCG is the it, due to the buffer tube being too long by the thickness of 3 .25 coins. The BCG traveled beyond the normal range and the bolt carrier was hitting the ears on the lower receiver. If you have any further questions please go to this link(https://forum.308ar.com/topic/16471-...recoil-system/), all will become clear since this is a long time problem with PSA. PSA even sent me a credit of I think $50 to replace the out of spec parts.

Feedback Score
    Thank you for the response in Post_64. I'm not thoroughly understanding everything about the AR-15 as I've not totally built or taken apart my existing ARs. While I didn't buy an AR10, I was tempted to buy an AR15 pistol or pistol kit due to price and some ok-to-good reviews I saw on the internet. I'm extra glad I bought name-brand AR15s instead (Springfield-Armory and Bravo Company). I also considered Daniel Defense, but went with the other two brands for now; maybe if I get a 3rd AR someday I'll try Daniel Defense.

Feedback Score
    You might all want to be careful with PSA in general. I received an AR pistol upper from PSA and when I checked the head space it was off. They replaced it but how many of us have the ability to check head space. Like many have said with PSA it is a crap shoot but the prices are good enough to cover some trouble shooting time. That was two in a row for me. The problem comes with people that don't know about anything but pull trigger, goes Bang. Don't think I am anything but lucky and I have smart friends willing to answer questions to keep me safe. Yall do the same, be lucky, have smart friends or be a smart friend.

Feedback Score
    I seen two PSA guns put together and both seemed to work fine, especially for the price. Like another stated, for a ATV/UTV or tractor gun, you don't mind it getting bumped around and scratched a little... personally I check the head space on all the ARs rifles and build kits

Feedback Score
    I check it as well, even on ones I don't build(the PSA upper was complete). I had to order the gauges since even the local smith didn't have them. Granted I am so far back in the woods we have to pipe in sunshine. I wasn't knocking the company just reporting my experience with them, but I think that two in a row with QC problems might just be a mini trend. I know about how useful a sample of two is in judging a trend. I had to meet a metric ton of Democrats before I met a reasonable one, and that my friend is a verified trend.
    You are truly a exceptional gun owner because you seem to take great care to check and get things right. I hope you raised a bunch of children and taught them the same habits.

Feedback Score
    I can not say anything bad about the PSA kits. I have 2 that have taken some beatings. One was here M4 profiles in OD green and the other is a 20" rifle. Both are 100 flawless with what ever cheap ammo i can throw in the mag. I think the carbine has seen 6k rounds with only one stoppage from a out of spec round. Rifle has 1500-2000 rounds and has been flawless. Sure, they are cheap. but the ones i have work. Been debating on trying one of there ar10's for deer hunting.

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robbins290 View Post
    Been debating on trying one of there ar10's for deer hunting.
    I have 2 of their lowers. One is a Gen2, the other a Gen3. My upper is a Gen3. So far so good. The G2 has places where the BCG has whacked it. Josiah told me to send it back and they will mod it like the G3. I'm loving it so far.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast