Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Load choices for AR SBRs

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    I obviously have over twice the amount of the FBI load as opposed to the GMX, but the choice would be a tough one as to which to choose.

The GMX is *supposedly* a knock-off of the TSX 70gr "brown-tip" 5.56 Optimized ammo. In theory a little less copper fouling as it's a gilding metal and not pure copper like the TSX. I think it would "fly" better than the FBI load because it's not a soft-point (i.e. a little more accurate at distance) but the XM556FBIT3M 62 gr Tactical Bonded is pretty good from what I've read.
    I have my 11.5" Sionics and 16" KAC both zeroed for 70gr GMX. But I know my holds for the other two loads. There really isn't a wrong answer here TBH.

I would love to grab some 70gr TSX brown tip (5.56 pressure) and some 50gr TSX 5.56.... both from BH. Just hard to find, and for prices I'm willing to pay.

I have found that the FBI load isn't as inaccurate as the internet says, though I certainly wouldn't call it a match load. I get right around 1.5-2moa with it from both guns. Plenty fine for hogs and any two legged adversary who should find themselves in my home, uninvited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    I have my 11.5" Sionics and 16" KAC both zeroed for 70gr GMX. But I know my holds for the other two loads. There really isn't a wrong answer here TBH.

I would love to grab some 70gr TSX brown tip (5.56 pressure) and some 50gr TSX 5.56.... both from BH. Just hard to find, and for prices I'm willing to pay.

I have found that the FBI load isn't as inaccurate as the internet says, though I certainly wouldn't call it a match load. I get right around 1.5-2moa with it from both guns. Plenty fine for hogs and any two legged adversary who should find themselves in my home, uninvited.
    Better than what you see online, and likely better than my sorry ass! I can easily live with a 2 MOA "go-to" gun.

Did not know BH loaded a 70gr TSX at 5.56 pressure. Damn you man!

Wife said I could buy the Aimpoint Comp M4S I asked about for my Christmas present......now I need [more] ammo to zero it with, right? Right? LOL
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Better than what you see online, and likely better than my sorry ass! I can easily live with a 2 MOA "go-to" gun.
    Oh isn't that the truth. 2moa is very serviceable.

Did not know BH loaded a 70gr TSX at 5.56 pressure. Damn you man!
    They may not still, but they used to. Haven't looked in a few years.

Wife said I could buy the Aimpoint Comp M4S I asked about for my Christmas present......now I need [more] ammo to zero it with, right? Right? LOL
    THAT, sir, is a fantastic optic. You always need more ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    They may not still, but they used to. Haven't looked in a few years.
    I’ve checked the Black Hills website on and off since around 2016 for 70TSX, and they always list GMX rather than TSX. Before that, I’d get it at work and the headstamps were LC and WCC.

Barnes loads VORTX 70gr 5.56, and its a near perfect match on the chrono for the military load.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I’ve checked the Black Hills website on and off since around 2016 for 70TSX, and they always list GMX rather than TSX. Before that, I’d get it at work and the headstamps were LC and WCC.

Barnes loads VORTX 70gr 5.56, and its a near perfect match on the chrono for the military load.
    Well then, maybe I should look to Barnes for some brown tip clone. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Well then, maybe I should look to Barnes for some brown tip clone. Thanks.
    Don't bother looking at the Barnes website.....out of stock!
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Don't bother looking at the Barnes website.....out of stock!
    ACK! We're back to that so soon?!?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    My issue with the slow speed of the 64/62gr GDs is that I try to maintain consistency across rifles. I use those rounds for home defense, but home defense means something different for me than for somebody else. Home defense means shooting a coyote at 180+ yards off my back porch. I also like going coyote hunting which is 200+ all day long.

The speed sucks for that. I could always use two different cartridges, but why can't anyone make a faster 5.56 rated ~62gr bonded loaded round?

Once these gold dots run out, I'm just going to load my own.
    Home defense mean shooting coyotes at 180 yards???? Man those must be some man eating coyotes.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    Man, I hate threads like this. It's why I have a case of this, a case of that, a case of another in my stash.

Meanwhile, all my mags are loaded up with M855.
    Tom Sawyer

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by indianalex01 View Post
    Home defense mean shooting coyotes at 180 yards???? Man those must be some man eating coyotes.
    Coyotes that prey on, or harass livestock, chickens, cats, dogs, and with children outside- should be shot on sight.
    They‘re extremely intelligent, amazingly adaptable predators. If you smoke a few, they learn quickly to stay away.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast