Page 49 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Shot Show Threads

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AggiePhil View Post
    Yeah, it actually says NO aperture window sight option, so I guess that's something they decided to do away with. Glad mine has it.
    What does that mean?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The LaRue SPR mount on the SCARH is installed backwards.

One thing the SCAR and ACR share in common is that they sure look bulky, heavy and unwieldy.
    Last edited by frbowers; 01-23-10 at 13:10.
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    Distinguished Rifleman #1558
    President's Hundred

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by frbowers View Post
    The LaRue SPR mount on the SCARH is installed backwards.

One thing the SCAR and ACR share in common is that they sure look bulky, heavy and unwieldy.
    I know some people are doing this to get the levers on the right side of the gun so the left side is slicker. The mount has no elevation built in so nothing is really backwards. I've mounted LaRue SPR-E mounts this way for customers with M1A in a SAGE chassis.
    Last edited by Robb Jensen; 01-23-10 at 13:21.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    I think the show was good. I loved the ACR. I did not like the price. But i Know it was going to be around 2500 to 3000. The scar goes for 2500.
    I think leupolds new bow-mounted rangefinder was the best new product. can wait to get one for my bow.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Cool, springs work. Good job on the pricing too.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    whats with the finger on the trig? i'm not comfortable with this.
    Having RO'd her at matches, I can tell you she has excellent safety skills. To me it looks like the tip of her fingernail is resting on the trigger guard. In competition we tend against the straight finger outside the trigger guard. Too slow to get on the trigger. So the finger curls inward with the tip resting on the guard rather than the pad.

Try it and you'll find the finger gets correct positioning on the trigger more readily with less tendency to slap.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    She is WAY better looking in person. Pics do not do her justice.

C4
    This!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Sorry but the new glock was rather boring, i dont think its going to help them that much more.... could be wrong

the bullshit that was pulled on Bill wilson was shity,
    Nah, the way I see it is that S&W is still trying to catch up to GLOCK in the center fire semi-auto handgun genre. GLOCK has several NATO issued side arms, I have never heard of any military adopting the M&P as a side arm to date. The Sigma failed and got them sued, the M&P is their latest attempt to capture the market. They are gaining more momentum however.

So what was pulled on Bill Wilson?

In retrospect...I am most looking forward to the Daniel Defense M4V3 (their mid-legnth debut) out of this year's SHOT offerings.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Thanks for the links DivDoc.
    Last edited by DocHolliday01; 01-23-10 at 14:24.
    There is a fight, that began before any of us were ever born. It will continue, long after we have retired, moved on, and left this world. It is a fight for the soccer mom next door, your mailman, the guy that bags your groceries, and most importantly, it is a fight for your family. We are in a daily battle not for land, not for resources or colonial controls...we are in a fight for our very way of life

ToddG Guest
    Another benefit of having a off-trigger finger position other than straight along the frame is that in a weapons retention situation you're less likely to have your index finger get hurt.

Page 49 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast