Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the Glock 17 still relevant?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leuthas View Post
    The G19 grip is too short for my hand.
    I think your my long lost viking brother.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I believe in peace, love and extremely violent weapons systems... just in case that whole peace-and-love thing doesn't work out.

Feedback Score
    I have an M&P 2.0 compact and M&P 5 inch guns I got rid of the regular full sized ones. I wish they made the 45 in a 5 inch but I will make do with the 4.5. inch. I have been thinking of a 5 inch barreled Glock also eye balling the 6 inch 10mm Glock I forget the model number, but looks like a good woods gun

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    You guys remember on the playground when you had that one kid who looked up to another kid as if they were immortal, and everything he did was the coolest thing ever and everybody else was stupid if they didn't do the things that the cool kid did? Then the other kid would pretend like he'd liked all the same stuff all along. That's what this thread reminds me of.
    This thread? Is this the only thread on this forum you've read?
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    This thread? Is this the only thread on this forum you've read?
    Oh no, this is one of several where the bromance has manifested itself.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Oh no, this is one of several where the bromance has manifested itself.
    It's one of the first where I've seen someone defend their friend for pocket carrying after he calls a G17 a fudd gun.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by D_M View Post
    It's one of the first where I've seen someone defend their friend for pocket carrying after he calls a G17 a fudd gun.
    It's not the strangest thing I've seen on here but it ranks near the top.

I mean, you or I could start a thread about how the G19 or G26 is an irrelevant boomer fudd gun and base all our claims around the fact that neither of them fit our needs. We could throw in some pithy, edgy 4chan style commentary too, that'll really show em.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I pocket carry too but only because I cannot be arsed to wear a holster on my own time only I pocket carry a G19. Like hand on the Bible.

FWIW I have 2 G17s. An old old old one and a Gen 4 and both sit up unshot these days.

When you pocket carry something that large, you have to be careful some lady doesn't think you are just happy to see her.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    It's not the strangest thing I've seen on here but it ranks near the top.

I mean, you or I could start a thread about how the G19 or G26 is an irrelevant boomer fudd gun and base all our claims around the fact that neither of them fit our needs. We could throw in some pithy, edgy 4chan style commentary too, that'll really show em.

Haha that would be fantastic, while we’re at it we could say the only gun that actually fits our needs is a desert eagle, because penetration power

Feedback Score
    but only the gold tiger stripe desert eagle tho. because the finish is stronger. and the shimmer will blind the other guy.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi3 View Post
    When you pocket carry something that large, you have to be careful some lady doesn't think you are just happy to see her.
    Most people think its my phone if it even prints. I’m a fairly large person. Jeans are different but I haven’t been in a jean mood for a while. Jean carry is a snubby Model 10 with LSWCHP.

Also.... I refuse to buy a holster just to carry around town on my personal time. I only go places where folks know me, I have no interest in getting involved with other people’s woes, and I simply cannot be arsed.

I used to holster carry then I got sick of it. Never used it. And just put it in and go.

Would I kick in a Trap house pocket carrying? No.

But doing grocery shopping? Yeah.

The Thesis of this thread is ultimately:

To those who have a choice, why go medium when you can go smaller or larger?

A lot of duty carry is because “I said so”

In some serious self reflection, I see how minimalism makes me happier. I don’t need anything beyond a G19. Anything else is a toy or a luxury or because ‘Merica.

Same with rifles. I’ve had/have some once in a lifetime dream pieces that just sat up while I shot my Carbine or my SR-25. The only rifles I own I shoot purely for fun are my Vietnam War clone AR and my Garand. At some point I want a 1903. I had at one time a SUPER period correct XM-177E2 clone. I put time and effort into it. Then I was like.....”This is dumb. I can just shoot my 6920”. So I parted it out.
    The M16A1 is fun because its light, longer, and just shootable. It doesn’t feel redundant.

I think sometimes as professional shooters we do things because “I said so”. I have no control over hobbyists. They can do whatever.

But like....if it weren’t for innovation and pushing envelopes and some iconoclasm; we’d all be here with our thumbs up our butts shooting Berettas or some Smith Gen 3, shooting A2 clones not even carbines, and using Zack Morris Brick phones and using 56k dial up.

That’s lame. Screw that.

Easy street. Easy button. No BS.

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast