Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma Governor vetos Constitutional Carry

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Guess how many states don't have that requirement? It's something like 26 or so states. That includes Washington and Arizona both of which have populations that are almost double that of Oklahoma.
    Virginia is one as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    I read that it was vetoed because the bill didn't require a person to have any training or permit. I understand you shouldn't need a permit to carry, but I do think training or at least proving you have the ability to shoot a paper target without missing is a necessity.
    The state is in a state of emergency budget wise, there is no way she was going to let this get enacted when it’d cut revenue in the form of license fees.

The training aspect is laughable. There are “classes” where so long as you do not shoot yourself and shoot in the general direction of the target, you pass.

The simple fact was the OSBI needed the funding and the “law enforcement” she spoke with consisted of Chief’s and Sheriff’s who are playing the game. I’d say next time she need to go to the guys on the street but (1) she is termed out so it doesn’t matter and (2) last time she did that she had an affair with a Trooper on her security detail so should probably avoid LE in the future.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    You know.. I don't know why this has me so pissed off right now. She was never going to pass this regardless of the states financial situation..

I called and emailed, and made friends and family do the same. It was worth a shot.

How she's made it this far, I honestly don't know. I've yet to meet an Oklahoman that likes her..

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post
    Yep.

Gets rid of 60 jobs that was never needed and undue taxation without representation.
    I read a statistic a while back that for every one job in a government regulatory agency nine jobs are eliminated in the private sector. Hence, if we eliminated the myriad of regulations the private job sector would grow almost ten fold, practically eliminating unemployment.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Republicans doing what they do best...stab you in the back.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue556 View Post
    You know.. I don't know why this has me so pissed off right now. She was never going to pass this regardless of the states financial situation..

I called and emailed, and made friends and family do the same. It was worth a shot.

How she's made it this far, I honestly don't know. I've yet to meet an Oklahoman that likes her..

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    Worst governor Ok ever had. That’s saying something.

All about money. I’ve taken the Ok CC required training and it was an absolute joke.

I hope it’s overridden

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    South Dakota's Governor did the same thing, for the same reason given.
    He was termed out also, and a Republican.

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Guess how many states don't have that requirement? It's something like 26 or so states. That includes Washington and Arizona both of which have populations that are almost double that of Oklahoma.
    And?? In Texas, The Greatest State in the US, has mandatory shooting with its mandatory class. Its not a bad thing. We learn what situations to use force or to use deadly force, where to and where not to carry a firearm and what steps are to be taken in the event you use deadly force with your firearm. You would be surprised how many people are serving 18-26 months for shooting an intruder in the back, or shooting a mugger too many times or using deadly force when they should of used force.

Plus the range portion of the class is good. In Texas, you have to qualify with at least a 9mm and qualify with either a revolver or semi-automatic. We had to shoot 5 rounds in under 5 seconds at a paper target 15 feet in front of us, 10 rounds in 5 seconds of a paper target 5 feet in front of us, 3 rounds in 5 seconds at a paper target 25 feet in front of us and 4 sets of 2 rounds in under 2 seconds at a paper target 20 feet in front of us. And you had to pass with flying colors. Cant shoot anywhere near the head- that will get you 20 years. There were at least 1/2 of our class that couldn't hit the paper target which is the same size as the range stall you are shooting out of.

The last thing you want is people carrying firearms who cant shoot and don't know the laws regarding when to use deadly force.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZGXtreme View Post
    The training aspect is laughable. There are “classes” where so long as you do not shoot yourself and shoot in the general direction of the target, you pass.
    Thank you for calling that out, you are 100% correct. This crap is NOT training, it is an excuss to take your money.

Cant shoot anywhere near the head- that will get you 20 years.
    Really???? Well then, Texas don't sound so great to me.

The last thing you want is people carrying firearms who cant shoot and don't know the laws regarding when to use deadly force.
    No, the last thing I want is someone making that call for me.
    Last edited by titsonritz; 05-12-18 at 16:00.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    You would be surprised how many people are serving 18-26 months for shooting an intruder in the back...
    Color me surprised.

Why would anyone go to jail for shooting an intruder in the back?

Guess what I'm looking for here is the relevant Statute or an actual case.

Edit: Just to be clear I'm talking about TX, as I assume you are also.
    Last edited by Backstop; 05-12-18 at 16:52.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast