Thread: Beretta M9A3

Feedback Score

Beretta M9A3

interweb scuttlebutt has it that the Italian-made M9A3's are being brought in because (1) demand is so brisk that a second source was needed to meet demand or (2) the new Tennessee factory has/had significant issues with getting it's QC up to par so production was second-sourced to the Italian plant. Is (1) the more likely?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Hmmm, is there enormous immediate demand for a gigantic 9mm pistol that costs $1000 and is based on a dated design that only a minority of shooters* really like? Or could it be QC issues on a new factory? Who knows!!! :-)

*I am in this minority, but realistically I think it's a small minority.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    There have been QC complaints on berettaf0rum. Don’t remember if the A3 was affected. Demand has been high, and I had to wait a few months for mine due to backorder. I have no complaints in fit, finish, or function on any of my Berettas, with two exceptions, being a minor cosmetic machining flaw on my LTT Elite. My A3 is excellent, except that the ceracote seems a little thicker in spots. Most people would not notice either flaws, and they do not affect function. My other Berettas, regardless of origin are flawless.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    They have been selling as fast as dealers can get them in. I’m still holding fast on buying one, but the urge is getting stronger. If they would offer the M9A1 frame and Vertec slide combo in FDE, I’d be all over it. Absolutely love the color of the M9A3, but I’m not crazy about the Vertec grip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker865 View Post
    They have been selling as fast as dealers can get them in. I’m still holding fast on buying one, but the urge is getting stronger. If they would offer the M9A1 frame and Vertec slide combo in FDE, I’d be all over it. Absolutely love the color of the M9A3, but I’m not crazy about the Vertec grip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I hate the Vertec grip too. But use the included conversion grip. That is what i did.

Last edited by ShipWreck; 09-20-18 at 18:49.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    When my SD dies I will be picking up one of these.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    When my SD dies I will be picking up one of these.
    Well, the only way that SD will ever die is if you start feeding it +P+ .44 mag, run it over with an Abrams or melt it down...
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tn1911 View Post
    Well, the only way that SD will ever die is if you start feeding it +P+ .44 mag, run it over with an Abrams or melt it down...
    Don't give him any idea.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Don't give him any idea.
    I've known Greg for a lot of years, so yeah... I'm laying the ground work for his next project break my...

it'll involve a surplus Abrams and a smelt!!!
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I shot my buddies the other day and it was quite nice. It made my old eyes and shaky hands look good. Im impressed. Ive heard they run suppressed great.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 09-23-18 at 20:27.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"