Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cmmg 22lr conversion

Feedback Score

Cmmg 22lr conversion

I have been eyeballing these kits for some time now. Came across good deal. 174.00 shipped for 3 x 25 round mags and the kit. Went ahead and picked up another mag and McFadden grip loader.

I had so much fun today with that kit. Shoots about 2 inches lower but darn accurate enough for me.

Great companion to the AR.

Sent from my 9024W using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I had an extra AR that my son wanted to use and I bought the conversation kit, they are fun to shoot.
    I found there are other magazines that are less expensive and seems to run better than the ones that came with the conversion kit.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Can you quantify darn accurate enough? What’s a 25 yard group look like?

Feedback Score
    With a quality barrel, the groupings are good off a rest.

Feedback Score
    4 (83%)
    I had a parkerized first but it kept having FTF and FTE so a swapped it out for a stainless version. The only complaint I had was the pita to load mags. It also seemed like 22LR ammo tend to always had squib rounds too. So I eventually got rid of it cuz they ran dirty my AR.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by omegajb View Post
    I had an extra AR that my son wanted to use and I bought the conversation kit, they are fun to shoot.
    I found there are other magazines that are less expensive and seems to run better than the ones that came with the conversion kit.

With the cmmg kit I personally use the better mag adapter that lets you use the smith and wesson m&p15-22 mags. The mags are usually cheaper, easier to load, and it has last round bolt hold open. I was having issues with the cmmg mags personally.

Now add drum mags to a f/a lower with the 22 kit. Yea....

4.5 cmmg 22 barrel with their bolt, anti bounce kit, sear adapter, etc.

I will say I had the gun at a mg shoot and the anti bounce weight managed to snap in half. At that point the gun had at least 700 rounds of full auto fired through it that afternoon and a few k fired through the upper before hand.

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    I have a CMMG 22 conversion kit, but I have to say, that the bronze bushing on the front of the BGG doesn't fit Noveske barrels or DD barrels and I found it hard to use a PRI, Geissele or Radian charging handle. I think these were designed for use in standard AR platforms with OEM parts. I got my kit back in 2014-2015 and I know the released an updated kit around 2017-ish and I don't know if they modified the kit at all to fit AR's with aftermarket components or not.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    I have a CMMG 22 conversion kit, but I have to say, that the bronze bushing on the front of the BGG doesn't fit Noveske barrels or DD barrels and I found it hard to use a PRI, Geissele or Radian charging handle. I think these were designed for use in standard AR platforms with OEM parts. I got my kit back in 2014-2015 and I know the released an updated kit around 2017-ish and I don't know if they modified the kit at all to fit AR's with aftermarket components or not.
    I had the same problem with my PSA barrel, I called CMMG and they said I could take some sandpaper and lightly take down the brass bushings to get it to fit.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HMsailor View Post
    I had a parkerized first but it kept having FTF and FTE so a swapped it out for a stainless version. The only complaint I had was the pita to load mags. It also seemed like 22LR ammo tend to always had squib rounds too. So I eventually got rid of it cuz they ran dirty my AR.
    https://youtu.be/D2OuxhqtqIM

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    Can you quantify darn accurate enough? What’s a 25 yard group look like?
    I have found accuracy with AR .22 uppers is never fantastic, but then again, I'm not sure of anyone who is shooting super accurate ammo through them either. It is usually cheap blasting ammo, or whatever was on sale at the time.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast