37 63.79%
  • Other

5 8.62%
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Republican 2024 primary picks

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    DeSantis pretty much covered all the bases in his response concerning the raid on Mar-a-Lago. Link here: https://nypost.com/2022/08/15/totall...r-a-lago-raid/

As far as 2024 republican presidential politics... If Trump wants the nomination I believe it will be his. Of course circumstances can change at any time.

DeSantis is an attractive candidate and I'd vote for him in Trump's absence. I also like Cruz. I'd have enthusiastically voted for Cruz in 2016 if Trump hadn't won the nomination. I think Pompeo would make a great VP. The are others. GOP has a solid bench to choose from.
    I hadn’t seen that yet, thanks.

But that was just yesterday, so it took a while for him to go on the record.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gsd2053 View Post
    Looks like we have 5 people who want other than Trump or DeSantis to be the Republican candidate.

5 democrats?
    Cruz, Pompeo, really any of the New Right may still convince me they will bring the pain and zero shits.

Never Trump wants nice Republican Jesus, I want Old Testament.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    I hadn’t seen that yet, thanks.

But that was just yesterday, so it took a while for him to go on the record.
    When did Trump pardon the Jan. 6th rioters?

Not trying to be argumentative but that knife cuts both ways (DeSantis not vocal enough for some about the Mar-A-Lago raid).
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Cruz, Pompeo, really any of the New Right may still convince me they will bring the pain and zero shits.

Never Trump wants nice Republican Jesus, I want Old Testament.
    Voted for Cruz in the 2016 primary, and he won my state.

There are Always/Only Trumpers, Never Trumpers, and the I'd Prefer Someone Else But Would Vote For Him Again people. I fall into the latter group. Done it twice already but would rather not have to do it again.

At this point in the poll there are 75% of folks who don't want Trump in the primary. That cannot bode well for his aspirations (if he has them of course, we don't know yet). Hopefully he can read the tea leaves and set his ego aside. It's not even close.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 08-16-22 at 19:07.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post

Not trying to be argumentative but that knife cuts both ways (DeSantis not vocal enough for some about the Mar-A-Lago raid).
    It’s not going to matter, because the fix is already in place.

Your vote no longer counts, which is why I didn’t vote in the primaries and won’t be voting in the general.

It’s too far gone to be repaired and something drastic needs doing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post

To my knowledge specific charges have to be placed on an individual. Before you can Pardon them. The specific person for a specific crimes has a specific pardon.

Trump said, Now it is up to Congress to confront this agregess assault on our democracy.

And after this were going to walk down and cheer on our brave senators and our brave congress men and women.

He did not say we will force our way into the capital via scaffolding and smashing windows.

So who specifically and for what crimes are you referring to?

Feedback Score
    To my knowledge specific charges have to be placed on an individual. Before you can Pardon them. The specific person for a specific crimes has a specific pardon.

Trump said, Now it is up to Congress to confront this agregess assault on our democracy.

And after this were going to walk down and cheer on our brave senators and our brave congress men and women.

He did not say we will force our way into the capital via scaffolding and smashing windows.

I am certain. Many will be pardoned upon his return to power.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    It’s not going to matter, because the fix is already in place.

Your vote no longer counts, which is why I didn’t vote in the primaries and won’t be voting in the general.
    That’ll show em you mean business.

Feedback Score

I never suggested Trump was the cause of Jan. 6th, not at all. While hundreds have ultimately been charged and the Stasi investigation hadn't started in-depth yet, I'll guarantee you that in the next 2 weeks afterwards he could have gotten some names from the FBLie and/or DOJ. It wouldn't have amounted to the total number we have now but at least a few would've been knocked off the list by issuing a pardon.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    That’ll show em you mean business.
    Do you honestly still believe any of them care what you, I or anyone else thinks.

Pay attention to the actions and ignore the lies spewing forth like vomit.

Burn it down.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast