Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Life Aimpoint battery life

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Real Life Aimpoint battery life

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    And yet I’ve never picked up a gun with a dead EOTech on it but I’ve done it three times with Aimpoints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I had a 552 that would eat lithium batteries like a fat kid at an ice cream stand. I put a new set in before shift one Christmas Day and by New Years they were toast. I had an Aimpoint R1 on it by the end of the month.

Last edited by agr1279; 03-27-21 at 07:50.
    Support your local Deputy.

It is better to sweat in Training than Bleed in Battle.

www.usnst.org

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Here they are promoting multiple years on the same battery.

Like I said, the advertised battery life is not an endorsement to run the optic that long without changing it. Replace every year and stop worrying about it. Batteries are cheap and plentiful, it is nice to know your optic COULD go a lot longer than it ever should without a change. That being said, I have a Comp M4 that is close to 2 years constant on.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    Now I need to prove to you guys show up with dead eotechs.

I give zero shits about your demands. **** off.

Until you disprove short battery life, you’re Q Anon.

I’m not the one making baseless claims. I posted an email from Aimpoint CS about how drastically battery life is reduced at each higher setting - literally cutting it in half. You’ve added legitimately no value to this discussion.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by agr1279 View Post
    I had a 552 that would eat lithium batteries like a fat kid at an ice cream stand. I put a new set in before shift one Christmas Day and by New Years they were toast. I had an Aimpoint R1 on it by the end of the month.

Even before their scandal, EOTech likely would’ve fixed that.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score

Real Life Aimpoint battery life

I’m not the one making baseless claims. I posted an email from Aimpoint CS about how drastically battery life is reduced at each higher setting - literally cutting it in half. You’ve added legitimately no value to this discussion.

I didn’t make a baseless claim. I shared experience of the guys I trained with. Happens quite frequently. You just don’t like your favorite brand has a history of issues. Go **** off. If you don’t like it, don’t read it. Again, **** off.

Last edited by PracticalRifleman; 03-28-21 at 16:53.

Feedback Score
    Heads-up, the newer Aimpoint T2 micro dots (likely H2 as well) have a new LED where brightness setting 9 is the older version's 8. This change happened around SN# 46000 or so. No reason given by Aimpoint, but you now need to put it on a higher setting to be the equivalent output of an older model, and you lose battery life time.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Wake’s not wrong. Eotechs are better than they get credit for with internet gun people, who are mostly nobodies that don’t put in work, anyway. The old-ish practice of changing batteries daily came from Arms Room turn-in SOP and was also a carryover from older Aimpoints, which shit the bed frequently enough to be concerned about. Eotechs have also benefited from design updates that have increased reliability and durability. If using them professionally, its not hard to come up with a battery SOP. Hint: your LA5 and weaponlight have batteries, too.

Modern Aimpoints do tend to have a much longer life, but not always as long as expected. I tend to think of them as the best choice for a lot of users. Especially the Comp M4. I haven’t personally had any issues with battery life in any of my personally owned Aimpoints.

I have both. I’ve been issued both. The difference isn’t worth arguing about, as long as you recognize that there is one. If battery life keeps you up at night, use a fixed front sight and keep some batteries in your grip or mount, or get an ACOG.

Something you can try if you find that your weaponlight on your HD rifle washes your dot on moderate settings is to use the black front cover on your Aimpoint. You can store it a couple clicks lower like that.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Even before their scandal, EOTech likely would’ve fixed that.

It was sent back but I lost faith in it so it went away. I didn’t think I could trust it enough for work.

Dan
    Support your local Deputy.

It is better to sweat in Training than Bleed in Battle.

www.usnst.org

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    I didn’t make a baseless claim. I shared experience of the guys I trained with. Happens quite frequently. You just don’t like your favorite brand has a history of issues. Go **** off. If you don’t like it, don’t read it. Again, **** off.

You made a claim without any details, much less supporting evidence. Super generic statements don’t inspire much confidence. And EOTech isn’t really my favorite. I have bought both, have been issued both, and still have at least one of each on primary rifles. I also expect to buy at least one more of each. But I know pros and cons of each and do think that the debate between them tends to get exaggerated responses.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    You made a claim without any details, much less supporting evidence. Super generic statements don’t inspire much confidence. And EOTech isn’t really my favorite. I have bought both, have been issued both, and still have at least one of each on primary rifles. I also expect to buy at least one more of each. But I know pros and cons of each and do think that the debate between them tends to get exaggerated responses.

What the **** do you expect? Me to have made videos of every time these dudes show up with dead Eotechs?

As if the claim, which others have had similar experience in this thread is irrelevant without goddamn video evidence or some such thing?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast