Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Weird COVID incident that happened personally.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrubber3 View Post
    One rapid test followed by a pcr test. Both negative. 5 days later, another pcr test. Again negative. Strange virus this is.
    So you didn't catch it. Why is that strange.

Or..

The other person wasn't actually sick. Lots of people walking around saying they THINK they had it

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arik; 09-25-21 at 10:15.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    So you didn't catch it. Why is that strange.

Or..

The other person wasn't actually sick. Lots of people walking around saying they THINK they had it

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    I dunno, to me it is strange because we're in such close proximity that it doesn't make sense for me not to have had it.
    I've kind of anticipated catching it, not a chance.
    Thinking about it I was in the same room close proximity with him for two possibly three times over the three weeks he had it and was incubating the virus internally.
    Last edited by Averageman; 09-25-21 at 10:31.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    I think this is where are the Nobel prize comes out of this whole thing. The people got this and the people who didn’t get it and the people that didn’t pass it on are just crazy random. But it’s science and it’s not crazy random. There Hass to be a reason why. It is amazing that this far and we really don’t have a good grasp on how this thing is transmitted.
    I agree that there is some "X" factor or some combination of factors that they haven't figured out yet. Science takes time.

I have received multiple facefuls of it and so far nothing. I get PCR tested at least 2x a month for work. Antibody negative too.

I could get it tomorrow though.
    Last edited by JiminAZ; 09-25-21 at 10:36.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    We have had folks at work where one spouse had Covid and one was fine. Much more common one has milder or the same symptoms, of course.
    Absolutely true. However, the second part of your post is also true: the majority of times they both get it (not sure the exact stats but it is certainly more likely).
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Last summer my sister's family rented a big beach house with two other families at Port A & someone brought in the rona...my sister took care of my BIL, niece & nephew for 2-3 weeks while they battled it out. Out of around 15 people exposed, she was the only one who didn't get ill & never tested positive. Same shit happens every year in the flu & cold season...virus doing what a virus does (or doesn't).
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I've been spending an hour a week getting a guitar lesson from the same guy for over a year. He's a Good Fella'.
    So he comes down with covid and I start wondering WTF, because once a week like clock work we're sitting 2 feet apart, playing guitar and occasionally sharing a mike.
    Can I have your guitars (and guns) if the Rona gets you?

Promise to give them a good home here so long as there is no crap from china. No damn way I am plugging in any chinese shit into my Meridian Mississippi amps, processors or speakers. Screw that.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artos View Post
    Last summer my sister's family rented a big beach house with two other families at Port A & someone brought in the rona...my sister took care of my BIL, niece & nephew for 2-3 weeks while they battled it out. Out of around 15 people exposed, she was the only one who didn't get ill & never tested positive. Same shit happens every year in the flu & cold season...virus doing what a virus does (or doesn't).
    Here's the thing, I never, ever get vaccinated. The last time I had a virus was 15 years ago and I'm 60, so I've had measles, mumps, chicken pox, the whole 9 yards of 1960's kid viral alphabet.
    I do believe I've got a healthy immune system.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    I think this is where are the Nobel prize comes out of this whole thing.
    Would be awesome if someone at Nobel has a pair big enough to award it to all the Chinese and US scientists who have floated to the top of the bowl on this one.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Here's the thing, I never, ever get vaccinated. The last time I had a virus was 15 years ago and I'm 60, so I've had measles, mumps, chicken pox, the whole 9 yards of 1960's kid viral alphabet.
    I do believe I've got a healthy immune system.
    Same here...got the flu shot some 25 years ago & was sick that evening & worse as I can remember. Haven't had the shot or the flu since.

My crew caught the rona with mild symptoms over a year ago in march. Was at mom's house later that summer while she was feeling ill waiting for her test (ended up positive) & didn't catch it...we are taking a myriad of vits / supplements to ward off any possible exposure, but not real worried having that along with a good immune system & history of warding off corona type cooties. In my early 50's & not sure what all immunization I've taken...I do recall going to a chicken pox party so the brilliant parents could just get all over with / deal with us at the same time. I also drank more water out of a hose as a kid than I did from a glass. Maybe it was that quality 70's & early 80's public water system that played a role.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Can I have your guitars (and guns) if the Rona gets you?

Promise to give them a good home here so long as there is no crap from china. No damn way I am plugging in any chinese shit into my Meridian Mississippi amps, processors or speakers. Screw that.
    Hahaha!
    You'll need a UHaul.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast