Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: S&W MP9 Shield EZ

Feedback Score

S&W MP9 Shield EZ

Anyone have one of these?
    Thoughts?
    Thinking about one for the Mrs.

Feedback Score
    Im curious as well, I was thinking of one for my mother as she has trouble racking the shield9.
    I havent seen any info on them.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Felt recoil has to be more with a lighter spring

I don’t like the fact that now there’s a grip safety. I had a XDm 40 for years that I shot really well but just couldn’t get past the grip safety when doing barricade drills. By that mean I still shot well and the pistol performed well, but it was a conscious thing to make sure my grip was still perfect even when pointing/aiming in weird ways.

For many folks I bet this ez package is appealing though. Just not for me.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    My wife has the 380 EZ. It's fantastic! I suspect the 9mm is the same with a little stouter spring (making racking the slide a bit stiffer) but definitely EZ! It's everything it's touted to be & more.
    As for the grip safety, it's VERY EZ to activate. It's there because it's a hammer fired gun & that makes it drop safe. It's so light of pressure to actuate that you don't even notice it.
    It's the perfect handgun for a woman or an elder that has difficulty racking "normal" slides or is recoil sensitive. Hell, I'm a grown man that likes magnum recoil & I enjoy shooting it...alot!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I literally just bought one for my wife a few days ago. She's a skinny little thing at 105 lbs so we went with the .380. Handled them side by side and yes the .380 felt a touch easier to rack than the 9mm. Wife says it feels really good in the hand and I agree. They got the texturing on the grip just right and its thin. Trigger actually feels pretty decent too. We were supposed to go christen it tomorrow with some Hornady Critical Defense but there's a storm rolling in.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Interested to see how these shake out, my daughter is wanting her first pistol and we are thinking of looking into one of these for her.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I really wanted to get one for my wife but the one I handled in my LGS was very particular about hand placement and pressure on the grip safety. It seemed very easy to fumble a grip and then not be able to pull the trigger. I don't know why they need a grip safety since the idea is they sit around unholstered and unchambered until you slingshot the slide to get them into action.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    I really wanted to get one for my wife but the one I handled in my LGS was very particular about hand placement and pressure on the grip safety. It seemed very easy to fumble a grip and then not be able to pull the trigger. I don't know why they need a grip safety since the idea is they sit around unholstered and unchambered until you slingshot the slide to get them into action.
    I wonder it it can be de-activated, or held down with hockey tape.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    I wonder it it can be de-activated, or held down with hockey tape.
    Maybe drill and put a roll pin in it?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    "It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    I don't know why they need a grip safety since the idea is they sit around unholstered and unchambered until you slingshot the slide to get them into action.
    Well I think the grip safety releases a firing pin block - there is no striker block since this is a hammer fired gun. With some women (presumably) carrying this thing around chambered and floating around loose in a purse its probably not a bad idea to have that grip safety.

I suppose an easy "fix" to this would be a grip sleeve from the likes of Hogue or Pachmayr if it really bothered you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast