Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Trunk Weapon?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tpd223 View Post
    You may think that is security, but only because you haven't experienced a theft from your car, or have any idea just how common break-ins to cars occur.

Ten seconds and a broken window means your gun and gear is gone.

Because so many chicks think locking their purse in the car trunk is secure the bad guys commonly pop the trunk and look for those stashed items.

This may happen while you are on the way back to the car. Or they may decide that you have more guns at home and make sure to visit you again later.

All of these issues are in fact personal and family safety concerns.
    Im fully aware of your above listed points and realize the risks of securing a trunk gun. But there is no such thing as total security. Even if I welded a 1000lb safe to auto a thief could just steal my car and use a blow torch gain access to the safe. Also a thief could just follow a Police cruiser to a job wait till the cop leaves the car ,pop the trunk lock and use a bolt cutter to steal a sweet shotgun or M4, that should only take 30 seconds. Maybe Cops shouldnt have trunk guns either? In life it is always abalance of security and risk.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMETNA View Post
    I just traded my old Jeep for a new one, and it has a lockable compartment under the floor of the trunk. I'm thinking about leaving an AR in there, separated into the Upper and Lower for space reasons. Maybe a chest rig with 3 mags in it as well.

This would be for defense in case of a societal break down that happens in a matter of hours. I.e. LA Riots, aftermath of a massive attack, etc. Also for if we encounter a ****in bear while hitting the jeep trails.

Even though it's perfectly legal, I think this might be a bad idea.
    What are your thoughts? Go for it? Not worth it?
    Jeeps lend themselves to discreet carry nicely.

I like the rear compartment on the new ones. They're not accessible to the driver at all, and have limited accessibility to others, but it can be useful. This in a JK:

Hiding the carbine in plain sight has utility. The case is a reinforced Walmart backyard volleyball kit. Someone is going camping, to a picnic, or similar activity.

Moving it to the rear passenger seat makes it more accessible.

Baseball, anyone?

The interior dims are favorable to this carry method. When the front passenger seat is all the way back, the left seat rail has a protrusion that the stock fits nicely on. Rest the handguards in between the grab handle and the center dash, then secure with velcro or shock cord. Not discreet, but access is rapid. Very useful in the backcountry.

All, food for thought.

I'll echo my earlier statement... If it can't be secured...truly secured...in the vehicle, it should be a case or bag that can travel discreetly and easily.
    Last edited by ST911; 08-09-11 at 14:30.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    One of the very real advantages of the AR system is that if you can't take the gun with you, you can easily pull the BCG and take that.

Joe Shitbag isn't going to be able to find an AR BCG with any kind of ease at Wal mart.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tpd223 View Post
    One of the very real advantages of the AR system is that if you can't take the gun with you, you can easily pull the BCG and take that.

Joe Shitbag isn't going to be able to find an AR BCG with any kind of ease at Wal mart.
    Great point maybe even a heavy lubed BCG in a zip lock bag in the air cleaner box.
    Thanks Steve

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Skintop911-
    I like the idea of the baseball bag......Very nice!!!!

You can also use the bat if it comes down to it.
    Last edited by docsherm; 08-10-11 at 02:38.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    Jeeps lend themselves to discreet carry nicely.

I like the rear compartment on the new ones. They're not accessible to the driver at all, and have limited accessibility to others, but it can be useful. This in a JK:

Hiding the carbine in plain sight has utility. The case is a reinforced Walmart backyard volleyball kit. Someone is going camping, to a picnic, or similar activity.

Moving it to the rear passenger seat makes it more accessible.

Baseball, anyone?

The interior dims are favorable to this carry method. When the front passenger seat is all the way back, the left seat rail has a protrusion that the stock fits nicely on. Rest the handguards in between the grab handle and the center dash, then secure with velcro or shock cord. Not discreet, but access is rapid. Very useful in the backcountry.

All, food for thought.

I'll echo my earlier statement... If it can't be secured...truly secured...in the vehicle, it should be a case or bag that can travel discreetly and easily.
    Great set up! Thanks for sharing. Where did you get that discret case in blue with yellow handles? The ice chest mag carrier is a nice touch.

Very grey man indeed!
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Here's my truck gun, a Mosin Nagant Scout rifle with a ported barrel lenght of 17.5". Used to keep it behind the seat of my truck (reg cab). Getting a new vehicle when I get home as my drive to work will be over 100mi one way.

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Feedback Score
    55 (100%)
    Nice Nagant. I am on the lookout for a nice carbine to keep in my truck. It can serve double duty as a SD rifle and a knock-around hunting rifle for when I get off from work and just have a short amount of time to hunt.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Great set up! Thanks for sharing. Where did you get that discret case in blue with yellow handles? The ice chest mag carrier is a nice touch. Very grey man indeed!
    It's the carry case for a lightweight portable volleyball net set. $29.99 or near thereto at Walmart. 32" long.

The material is light and the cardboard needs some reinforcement, but it works. I'm working on a higher quality version of the same thing (better cordura, stitching, liner, etc).

This has passed under the nose of several LEOs, all without notice or mention.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Skintop911:
    You mean that you have one and the 5-0's didnt notice it while they searched your vehicle?
    Or
    That LEO's havent commented on it in the post.

Just curious is all. I am a LEO and i think it was pretty cool how he did that with the case.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast