Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket Glock frames designed for metal mags...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Aftermarket Glock frames designed for metal mags...

Aftermarket Glock frames designed for metal mags...

I think it would be interesting to see what would be possible of an aftermarket frame company like polymer 80 or Nomad Defense would make a Glock frame with a smaller grip for metal pistol mags like S&W M&P mags or Beretta 92 series mags.

TED

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Wouldn't work because of the different grip angles, feed lip in relation to chamber ramp, etc.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I believe there are Aluminum frames, but they take Glock mags.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm thinking a polymer frame but designed for metal mags.

"Wouldn't work because of the different grip angles, feed lip in relation to chamber ramp, etc."

Hence the new frame.

TED

Feedback Score
    Certainly an interesting idea. A frame made by somebody other than Glock does not have to keep the Glock grip angle. The Lone Wolf Timberwolf frame is angled more like a 1911 etc but still uses Glock magazines, yet seems a bit thinner than a G17.

The design ends up being the one which might sell best. Building Glock-ish frames which don't take Glock magazines might not seem like a winner in the marketplace, to those who are making such a thing.

Then again, maybe next month such a design will be on the market.

Bart Noir

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart Noir View Post
    Certainly an interesting idea. A frame made by somebody other than Glock does not have to keep the Glock grip angle. The Lone Wolf Timberwolf frame is angled more like a 1911 etc but still uses Glock magazines, yet seems a bit thinner than a G17.

The design ends up being the one which might sell best. Building Glock-ish frames which don't take Glock magazines might not seem like a winner in the marketplace, to those who are making such a thing.

Then again, maybe next month such a design will be on the market.

Bart Noir
    I like the idea of using a Beretta 92 series mag in a Glock-ish frame using glock parts because I am completely blown away with the Mec-Gar 18rd flush fit mags which are awesome and work perfectly. Also the Beretta 92 pattern mags are abundant and affordable and except for some check mate brand mags reliable and available from several sources ("factory", Mec-Gar, MDS).

TED

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TED View Post
    Mec-Gar 18rd flush fit mags which are awesome and work perfectly. Also the Beretta 92 pattern mags are abundant and affordable and except for some check mate brand mags reliable and available from several sources ("factory", Mec-Gar, MDS).

TED
    G17 mags are flush fit and are abundant and affordable and available from several sources

Feedback Score
    Why?

To save 1mm on grip width?
    To change grip angle?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    G17 mags are flush fit and are abundant and affordable and available from several sources
    Yes, but they increase the grip size quite a bit and don;t fit in my Berettas and can;t be adapted to most other 9mms including XD's.

TED

Feedback Score
    Glock is perfection. Leave it alone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast