Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bergara 300WM B14 HMR

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post

Back on topic, what has become the go to 300 WM load? Are you guys chasing high BC or mostly using a friendly bullet like the SMK?
    We reviewed our inventory and it was pretty rich. So we just want an SMK, ELD or even a A-Max that shoots well and fairly hot. Going to try some of these bullets and our own heavy pet loads with less powder.

The very best BC is not critical, but it's nice if it works out.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    Back on topic, what has become the go to 300 WM load? Are you guys chasing high BC or mostly using a friendly bullet like the SMK?
    225 ELDs are nice, but the 230 gr A-Tip pulls ahead at the mile. The High BC A-tip happens to shoot really well out of Pappabear's go to 300, so it's a no brainer.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'm going to do something repulsive, and try Reloader powder in this gun. Desperate times...
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Got a couple loads to shoot MOA, nothing .5 moa but MOA doesn't suck. We got the 200SMK's to shoot MOA, but the load was pretty slow, so we are going to bump is up a bit. Still in Search of....

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The gun shot the heavier 225 ELDs pretty well with the Reloader 19 powder with the exception of 1 shot that dropped way low. The velocity was low for that round per the chrono.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    In our constant effort to make every forking mistake available on the menu, We've done it again.

Pappabear went to do a scope swap on this gun and found that the rings were loose as hell. I'd moved the scope/rings assembly from another gun and didn't check the fasteners on the rings.

Classic symptoms of a loose scope mount situation... unexplained horizontal stringing, and totally illogical groups. Painful.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    In our constant effort to make every forking mistake available on the menu, We've done it again.

Pappabear went to do a scope swap on this gun and found that the rings were loose as hell. I'd moved the scope/rings assembly from another gun and didn't check the fasteners on the rings.

Classic symptoms of a loose scope mount situation... unexplained horizontal stringing, and totally illogical groups. Painful.
    This rifle is probably laughing at you. I look forward to hearing how it shoots the loads that didn't do so hot the first time. I know the feeling, though.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    We can fck just about every single thing possible on a gun and load. If it shoots lights out I don’t know whether to be pissed or elated, probably both.

Every screw was loose. I’m not positive if it was enough. Maybe the factory 190 shot just soft enough to not jar the scope. Because they shot well. The lighter loads and lighter bullets shot best so just maybe they were just loose or tight enough to shoot those good.
    Last edited by Pappabear; 03-21-20 at 11:43.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    We got it back out there yesterday with only a few loads to try. It doesn't shoot the best ammo I make very good which is puzzling. 5 shot group with the 230 gr A-Tips shot 1.5 MOAish with very nice chrono data. 5 shots with an SD of 4, I forget the spread, but it was the best chrono data I've seen in a while.

The other weird thing it that it shots the 208 ELDs about 4.5 moa wide right of everything else. Any ideas on that????

It continues to like the 190 gr Fed GMM best.

I'll be loading up all Reloader powder for our next run at this gun.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    We got it back out there yesterday with only a few loads to try. It doesn't shoot the best ammo I make very good which is puzzling. 5 shot group with the 230 gr A-Tips shot 1.5 MOAish with very nice chrono data. 5 shots with an SD of 4, I forget the spread, but it was the best chrono data I've seen in a while.

The other weird thing it that it shots the 208 ELDs about 4.5 moa wide right of everything else. Any ideas on that????

It continues to like the 190 gr Fed GMM best.

I'll be loading up all Reloader powder for our next run at this gun.
    Is the FGGM a MatchKing load?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast