Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What to do with a spare Colt LE 6920 upper?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Core781 View Post
    Barrels are cheap these days, don't cut them. Sell me the upper so I can swap it for the Aero on my SPR build..
    Lol. Not sure if you are serious.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by arken View Post
    Hey thanks for the response. Did you get the Omega 7” for it? The one thats drop-in and freefloat?
    MFR 13.5 I believe....I’ve pulled it off and sold it. Went back to my Troy FF and waiting to get something like a Geissele rail. I had never considered going slim until I shot one a friend had. I’ve got to stop this expensive ADHD thing I have with AR’s. 😂
    Speed,Surprise and Violence of Action

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Messed up my reply and bottomed our on the thread.
    I had an MFR 13.5 I think it was but I pulled it and sold it off. Returned to my original Troy TRX and I’m going to get a Giessele to cut a little weight and slim down.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Thanks for the details. So that means you either installed a low profile gas block or shaved off the FSB. You know what, I am thinking to add another option at this point:

7. Convert it into a flat top: install a low profile gas block and a FF rail of some sort. This will allow me to reverse it back to the original form quickly vs. shaving off the FSB.

Quote Originally Posted by LimaBravo View Post
    MFR 13.5 I believe....I’ve pulled it off and sold it. Went back to my Troy FF and waiting to get something like a Geissele rail. I had never considered going slim until I shot one a friend had. I’ve got to stop this expensive ADHD thing I have with AR’s. ��
    Quote Originally Posted by LimaBravo View Post
    Messed up my reply and bottomed our on the thread.
    I had an MFR 13.5 I think it was but I pulled it and sold it off. Returned to my original Troy TRX and I’m going to get a Giessele to cut a little weight and slim down.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    If it's unfired I'd be interested in the upper receiver & BCG. Shoot me a DM if your interested in selling those parts
    Last edited by rooster2412; 05-10-20 at 18:40.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rooster2412 View Post
    If it's unfired I'd be interested in the upper receiver & BCG. Shoot me a DM if your interested in selling those parts
    Thanks. It's been fired about 500 rounds as of now.

Guys, I've decided to keep it as is. I am gonna set it up as a SHTF/HD "lightweight" rifle with a red dot and a light. I might throw in a 7" MI drop in quad rail (it's pretty light @ 7.5oz). The Magpul SL handguard is actually right at 7oz. I was surprised.

Feedback Score

Guys, I've decided to keep it as is. I am gonna set it up as a SHTF/HD "lightweight" rifle with a red dot and a light. I might throw in a 7" MI drop in quad rail (it's pretty light @ 7.5oz). The Magpul SL handguard is actually right at 7oz. I was surprised.
    That’s the best answer. Nothing wrong with the upper. You can find some rails like Centurion or Troy that will work with the FSP you have or you can shave it down. That barrel may not be match grade but it’s a good barrel.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)

DD makes an Mlok version of their drop-in FF Omega rail, weighs 6.7 oz.
    https://danieldefense.com/omega-rail-7-0-m-lok.html
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    The Omega handguards are very proven! Especially the quad rail version. I don't think you can find a product with better value than this. I love Centurion Arms, but these are so convenient

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorinInTheWoods View Post
    That’s the best answer. Nothing wrong with the upper. You can find some rails like Centurion or Troy that will work with the FSP you have or you can shave it down. That barrel may not be match grade but it’s a good barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MikhailBarracuda91 View Post
    The Omega handguards are very proven! Especially the quad rail version. I don't think you can find a product with better value than this. I love Centurion Arms, but these are so convenient

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Awesome! Thank you for the support

I'll look into those options. They are quite $$$ though. I like Midwest Industries for their quality and lower price point.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast