Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wolf m193 55gr 5.56

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Wolf m193 55gr 5.56

Found some of this stuff. Brass cased 2004 marked headstamp.
    Any good?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I personally have not seen or shot any of it. But IIRC on the ammo review TOS, there were issues in 20" rifles.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yes, it is very good.

It is made in Serbia by Prvi Partizan. I burned about 300 of them at a carbine class a weekend ago and it all worked perfectly in my LMT 16" M4-style upper.

Feedback Score
    It's terrible ammo, you need to send all of it to me ASAP. I fact, buy all of it you see and send it to me. I want to prevent anyone from possessing such poor ammo.

Up until a year or so ago I refused to fire anything except brass Winchester 5.56 M193 which you could get @ Wally World for under $4.00 a box. After that webt through the roof I tried a variety of other "plinking" ammo; American Eagle, Remington UMC and other stuff. None of it was moaded to NATO pressures and it wasn't all that cheap. Of course I have a few hundred rounds of assorted surplus rounds I try to hold back.

All of this resulted in me being forced to fire alot of steel case Wolf at various classes since it was all the department could afford. To my surprise I loved the stuff. It was very accurate, at my last instructor development class I had 3 one hole hroups during the initial zero exercise. After over 2K rounds I noticed that my extractor claw has about a 1/64" wear. Totally crushed the previously popular sotry of how steel casings ruin extractors.

Still the over riding desirability was price; now that's slipping away too. After it's $10.00 / 20rds it won't hold the market share it does now. I think the recent appearance of brass casings is a reaction to justifying the pending price increase.
    Most brewing fights consist of one man who is scared and another man who is glad of it.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    After over 2K rounds I noticed that my extractor claw has about a 1/64" wear. Totally crushed the previously popular sotry of how steel casings ruin extractors.
    I used to get that same story when shooting Wolf through my G-30. My response was to ask someome to remove the polymer finish to get to the offending steel case.

Keith

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Yes, it is very good.

It is made in Serbia by Prvi Partizan. I burned about 300 of them at a carbine class a weekend ago and it all worked perfectly in my LMT 16" M4-style upper.

It is good stuff for sure. They 75gr behaves a lot like 75gr TAP at a lot less coin.

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    It is good stuff for sure. They 75gr behaves a lot like 75gr TAP at a lot less coin.
    C4
    I've thinking about stocking up on the 75gr Prvi Partisan ammo. Do you have any chrony data for this load? I'll probably pick up a few hundred rounds regardless, but I was just curious.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MH64 View Post
    Found some of this stuff. Brass cased 2004 marked headstamp.
    Any good?
    What does this stuff go for? Is it still cheaper than UMC, right in the HSM price range?
    A good name is to be chosen rather than great riches...

Feedback Score
    Wolf Brass-cased is 1,000 rds. for $459.97 (Club Price $436.97 ) [WX2-105316 ] at http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=261436.

$0.43+ / rd plus shipping (in-stock).

UMC is not in stock there today.
    http://www.appleseedinfo.org/ , where Marksmanship Meets Heritage.
    The Appleseed Project

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grin Reaper View Post
    Wolf Brass-cased is 1,000 rds. for $459.97 (Club Price $436.97 ) [WX2-105316 ] at http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=261436.

$0.43+ / rd plus shipping (in-stock).

UMC is not in stock there today.

Yikes batman! I sell the same stuff for $325 per thousand.

C4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast