Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 29 and balding. HELP!

Feedback Score
    Resistance is futile.

Cut it super short and go with the Jason Statham or Dwayne Johnson look. Chicks dig it.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Det-Sog View Post
    Resistance is futile.

Cut it super short and go with the Jason Statham or Dwayne Johnson look. Chicks dig it.
    Nah. I’m going to figure this shit out and I don’t by the dht theory. Why? If it was dht alone, dht blocking shampoos would work. Neither my dad or brother are thinning as bad as I am. As I have low t, dht levels in theory are low. Dht may be a factor, but I’m guessing there is a relationship between neuropeptides and the hair follicle muscle as well as the little gland that produces wax to help the hair slide.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thepatriot2705 View Post
    Nah. I’m going to figure this shit out and I don’t by the dht theory. Why? If it was dht alone, dht blocking shampoos would work. Neither my dad or brother are thinning as bad as I am. As I have low t, dht levels in theory are low. Dht may be a factor, but I’m guessing there is a relationship between neuropeptides and the hair follicle muscle as well as the little gland that produces wax to help the hair slide.
    If it was that simple men wouldn't be bald. Imagine the amount of money a pharmaceutical company would make?! They've been trying to figure this out forever. Occasionally it happens to be stress or some other influence but 99.999999% of the time it's DNA. Your brother and dad don't share the same identical jeans. For instance, my grandpa had the come over at 40 meanwhile his son, my uncle is 57 and isn't even graying let alone balding

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Dude, DNA is a powerful thing.

My dad at 95 has a black beard, I greyed at the temples in my mid 20's. Of course I had spent about 2 years almost solid at war, so stress I am sure played a part. My beard is still largely black.

Feedback Score
    Was going bald in my mid-30s and there is nothing that can be done unless you a hair transplant. I trim my own hair and an pair of Wahl clippers. In the warmer weather I use a HeadBlade and head shave cream although you could use a standard razor and shave cream. I wear baseball caps and winter I wear a wool cap.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

29 and balding. HELP!

Think of it this way. You may have lost hair on your head, but you’ll gain hair on you back, ears, and nose! I swear to god, if I could grow out the hairs on my ears, I could use them to real in a small mouth bass. Those suckers are rugged!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
    1. Own it.
    2. Shave head and grow beard to counter baldness.
    3. Work out and get fit to counter baldness.
    4. Become rich and/or famous to counter baldness.
    5. Wear a hat.
    Words I live by....except the rich and famous

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Mine started going when I was 17. I fought it for years. Regain helped for a while, but eventually I just owned it and started shaving my head.

It was hard at first but I am comfortable with it now.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thepatriot2705 View Post
    Look to your mom's side. That's where the balding comes from. My son will be bald by 30. I will be 60 and still have a full head of hair. My wife's side of the family pretty much are all bald by 35.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Look to your mom's side. That's where the balding comes from. My son will be bald by 30. I will be 60 and still have a full head of hair. My wife's side of the family pretty much are all bald by 35.
    Wow. Marrying into a bald family just to mess with your kid's heads.

That's some long range Bad Dad Joke planning there!
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast