Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Illinois AWB

Feedback Score
    43 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    The 10 rounds is BS of course but mixing booze and guns is not a good idea. That part I support but I would change the verbiage to allow for those going to dinner in a restaurant that serves alcohol so long as they are not drinking. Forbid guns in bars and establishments where the primary thing sold is alcohol.
    Pat
    The language in the bill before Quinn unilaterally changed it was essentially what you recommend.

The biggest change that he made was to institute a presumption that it is illegal to carry in any particular place unless the property owner specifically posts that it is permitted there.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Who cares what you think?

Plenty of states have proven you wrong by not forbidding people from carrying in any place that serves alcohol, bars included, and yet not having the "wild West" crap your kind always fearmonger with come true.
    Plenty of people have proven me right by screwing up and getting drunk with a firearm handy forever harming lives and ending futures. Guns and alcohol don't mix period just like cars and alcohol don't mix. It takes at least as much responsibility to handle a gun as it does to drive a car. Most gun ranges do not allow alchol on site for a reason. Pretty much everything you are taught about gun safety states alcohol and guns don't mix. So why mix them in a bar.
    Pat
    Last edited by Alaskapopo; 07-03-13 at 06:23.
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmguy View Post
    The language in the bill before Quinn unilaterally changed it was essentially what you recommend.

The biggest change that he made was to institute a presumption that it is illegal to carry in any particular place unless the property owner specifically posts that it is permitted there.
    Thats a bad change. We have it the other way around. Its ok unless posted otherwise. However in a residence you need to let the owner know and ask permission. Property rights trump gun rights in that case.
    Pat
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Plenty of people have proven me right by screwing up and getting drunk with a firearm handy forever harming lives and ending futures. Guns and alcohol don't mix period just like cars and alcohol don't mix. It takes at least as much responsibility to handle a gun as it does to drive a car. Most gun ranges do not allow alchol on site for a reason. Pretty much everything you are taught about gun safety states alcohol and guns don't mix. So why mix them in a bar.
    Pat
    Yup.

http://www.ocregister.com/taxdollars...an-police.html

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1293412

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news...man_after.html

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    For the record I don't think cops should be armed in bars unless their working on duty doing bar checks or undercover (even then it should be minimized) as your articles above illustrate no matter who you are alcohol and guns don't mix. I have seen alcohol ruin a lot of cops careers.
    Pat
    Last edited by Alaskapopo; 07-03-13 at 07:09.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Pat
    It's like talking to a fence post, so I won't bother replying.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    For the record I don't think cops should be armed in bars unless their working on duty doing bar checks or undercover as your articles above illustrate no matter who you are alcohol and guns don't mix.
    Pat
    Wow. We are in agreement again

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    It's like talking to a fence post, so I won't bother replying.
    I respond to fight calls at bars more than any other place. Add guns into that mix of alcohol induced stupidity and it will just get worse much much worse.
    Pat
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I respond to fight calls at bars more than any other place. Add guns into that mix of alcohol induced stupidity and it will just get worse much much worse.
    Pat
    I don't care what you think will happen. I know what HAS happened in MY state which went from not allowing concealed weapons, to allowing them but not in places that serve alcohol, to removing that prohibition if you have a CHL.

What has happened is not what you think will happen. You are wrong. And what's worse, you can't admit it in the face of evidence.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Re: Illinois AWB

Pat, with all due respect, please don't head this thread south. I can almost guaranty that most, if not everyone who posted before you, live in or around Illinois. Your opinion is based around your experiences living in Alaska. This is the Great Lakes forum. Not that everyone isn't welcome but many issues/lifestyles/cultures are different, geographically. Things are way different by you than by us. Please respect that.

Sent via Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast