Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: What would one look for if they decided to buy an AK?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Feedback Score
    I was always a huge fan of the Egyptian MISR's they are much better than the rest of the pack and are as close to original soviet AKM's as I could ever get but if the threads were removed they serve me no purpose, gotta have my brakes
    Job 38:11 "thus far you shall come, but no further; and here shall your proud waves stop!

Feedback Score
    Here is mine:

Guess what it is?

Last edited by rsilvers; 04-24-09 at 22:55.

Feedback Score
    And my other one:

Feedback Score
    And my other:

Feedback Score
    One more that I cannot find still photos of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aFLU...layer_embedded

Feedback Score
    Read through this thread twice last night and my head's a buzz and still absorbing the information that Templar posted at the outset after the OP's.

What tuned me into this particular thread is because a fellow at work is selling his AK-47 that piqued my interest, and I don't know nothing for nothing about these particular rifles. Will have to find out more information about his AK-47, if it hasn't been sold already!

Feedback Score
    I'm more of an 'assault weapons' collector so I generally lean toward the more difficult items to acquire, that said, I am a big fan of Polyteck AK's. Problem is, they were only imported for two years (1988 and 1989), as one might imagine, this makes them relatively difficult to acquire.
    That said, they are some of the finest AKs money can buy. They were built to Chinese military specs , with the exception of being full auto.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    RD62, I'd need links to specific auctions you're looking at.

Factory Hungarian AKM's are some of the highest quality stamped AK's out there, period. There have been plenty built off of kits have have come in the country in the last few years, and it's important to know who built it up and the receiver and materials used.
    I used to have one of those thumbhole stocked Hungarian AK's in pristine condition that I sold to a member here.

If I remember correctly he was supposed to show me some pics after he converted it.

Don't recall that I ever saw them...hello Lumpy!

Hers is my Arsenal SLR-105R converted to an AK-105 by AK-USA

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Valmet 762x39 M62/s

KATAR, I have one of these Valmets, rather most of one. I received it in a trade years ago minus the bolt group and the stock. I've put other AK bolts into the weapon and they seem to funtion fine, however I haven't actually shot projectiles out of it.

My question is do you or anybody in here know if the regular Chi Com or Romanian bolt groups will work and hold up under firing. I'd hate to damage the rifle by doing something foolish. If so where can I purchase the bolt group, I had thought of a Galil set up, Advice please.

Dirk

Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast