Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: I done did it, Staccato P Duo

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    How did it feel/fit in the hands?
    As a longtime Glock guy, the G26/G34 Gen 3 grip = perfect for me. G34 Gen 5, Med Strap = also perfect. I hate to say struggled, but I was not happy with the Staccato Gen 2 grip initially. I bought an Extreme Treebark Gen 1 and that was better. Short trigger helped although it was shorter than I realized. About 2000 rounds and I was still searching for something better.

I was able to buy a Gen 2 grip with the Extreme Treebark treatment. So far I like this setup best and almost feels Glock-ish (don't tase me). I just installed that new magwell, zero rounds on it. Need to get back to the range and see how this all works. MBX mag was a used pickup, also no rounds with it yet.

My trip to 2000 rounds has not been without issues. They are solved for now and I hope to go another 2000 rounds without another hiccup.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Sorry I missed this... Felt good. It's a little big, but the gun shoots so smooth, it's not distracting. We also had a 45acp TRP to shoot too. So going back to the full bore gun really drove home how nicely the Staccato shoots.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Sorry I missed this... Felt good. It's a little big, but the gun shoots so smooth, it's not distracting. We also had a 45acp TRP to shoot too. So going back to the full bore gun really drove home how nicely the Staccato shoots.
    Ah,,good to hear, I have bigger hands anyways so it sounds like it will be fine for me. I sent a email out to Staccato today with a few questions trying to get things in order. Gotta sell a couple items but that's OK. There is a Dealer that supposedly is a stocking dealer but he is 100 miles away,to much messing around for me,although it could be worth a road trip if he had one in Stock and I could hold it and check it out,I'll call him and see but I'm sure I'll just order direct ! Says its gonna be 60/90 days anyways so we will see, not gonna pay the "extra" $275 just so I can have it sooner, I don't need it that bad,LOL.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Thanks for the info. I really just need to get one in my hands and see how it feels.

Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a_scoutguy View Post
    Ah,,good to hear, I have bigger hands anyways so it sounds like it will be fine for me. I sent a email out to Staccato today with a few questions trying to get things in order. Gotta sell a couple items but that's OK. There is a Dealer that supposedly is a stocking dealer but he is 100 miles away,to much messing around for me,although it could be worth a road trip if he had one in Stock and I could hold it and check it out,I'll call him and see but I'm sure I'll just order direct ! Says its gonna be 60/90 days anyways so we will see, not gonna pay the "extra" $275 just so I can have it sooner, I don't need it that bad,LOL.
    Yea, I would just rock Gunbroker, I saw one there for $2,395 buy now. Most are listed at $2,495. And if you want to run a RDS, make sure it the "P Duo" model.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    My local Scheels has them in stock for around $2k.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Are you a vet, LEO or Active? If so buy it through their website. They have a GREAT discount!!!

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Yea, I would just rock Gunbroker, I saw one there for $2,395 buy now. Most are listed at $2,495. And if you want to run a RDS, make sure it the "P Duo" model.
    Quote Originally Posted by JLP View Post
    Are you a vet, LEO or Active? If so buy it through their website. They have a GREAT discount!!!
    Yes I am a Veteran & went to the Website and got all signed up so I'm good to go ! Yea its 15% off so that's pretty cool. I'm gonna order up some extra mags ahead of time so I'll have them, I'm a mag freak so I want at least 6, the gun comes with 3 so I'll be good for awhile ! I'm sure I will buy more as time goes on. I was talking with a shop that deals in high end guns along with the Staccato's and while he didn't have any P Models in stock he had lots of extra mags/holsters/mag carriers so he said if I had the gun shipped there he would cut me deals on extra mags and accessories !
    Bad & good thing is I live in NY so I need the 10rd mags,good news is they make them,,still $80 bucks but they are available so that's good. I did look on Gunbroker but nobody lists any guns with 10rd mags that I saw so no-go there plus I can get a better deal I think with the discount ! Well I'm still working on selling some stuff and even though I never shoot it I was handling my CZ Shadow 2 yesterday and dam that thing is sweet,, gonna be hard to let it go but it needs to go,LOL Would love to have this thing ordered before the Election but probably not gonna happen so I guess I'll just hope the world doesn't end the day after & I can still get it,LOL ! Time will tell I guess & I'll keep you guys posted !

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yes I am a Veteran & went to the Website and got all signed up so I'm good to go ! Yea its 15% off so that's pretty cool. I'm gonna order up some extra mags ahead of time so I'll have them, I'm a mag freak so I want at least 6, the gun comes with 3 so I'll be good for awhile ! I'm sure I will buy more as time goes on. I was talking with a shop that deals in high end guns along with the Staccato's and while he didn't have any P Models in stock he had lots of extra mags/holsters/mag carriers so he said if I had the gun shipped there he would cut me deals on extra mags and accessories !
    Bad & good thing is I live in NY so I need the 10rd mags,good news is they make them,,still $80 bucks but they are available so that's good. I did look on Gunbroker but nobody lists any guns with 10rd mags that I saw so no-go there plus I can get a better deal I think with the discount ! Well I'm still working on selling some stuff and even though I never shoot it I was handling my CZ Shadow 2 yesterday and dam that thing is sweet,, gonna be hard to let it go but it needs to go,LOL Would love to have this thing ordered before the Election but probably not gonna happen so I guess I'll just hope the world doesn't end the day after & I can still get it,LOL ! Time will tell I guess & I'll keep you guys posted !
    Dawson precision might have mags in stock and a cheaper price...

I checked Dawson...they don't list the mags anymore for the cheaper price
    Last edited by pag23; 10-11-20 at 16:29.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    markm's assessment was the same as mine when I first picked up my Staccato P (2020). Grip feels large - I have medium-size hands, but it actually feels smaller than a Glock 21SF to me and my strong hand thumb gets further around the gripframe, whereas I felt the 21SF was almost too big to have a really secure grip. There's no real ergonomic contouring to the grip, other than the undercut triggerguard and the grip safety itself, so it completely fills your hand, but, again, I didn't think it was too much. The thing just shoots so well that you kind of forget about the ergonomics of it.

Also, the trigger is not great by 1911 standards, but still better than every other polymer and DA/SA gun I've ever owned. I keep forgetting to measure mine, but it feels about 5-5.5 pounds - 4.5 would be ideal for a duty-type handgun.

I haven't been able to shoot my Staccato P much lately, but I'm already in for a C2 when my dealer gets one. I'm only keeping 2 strikers, a VP9 and Sig 365.
    Last edited by sundance435; 10-12-20 at 13:48.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast