Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BCM VS Colt BCG

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Interesting. I see a lot of them, but recent postings on bad nitride here have me avoiding the finish on parts that traditionally have NOT been nitrided. We had a really bad barrel (Faxon).
    Roger, I can understand that. The barrel is Nitride as well and is a great shooter. I did a thread on how impressed I was. All for under 600$. A centurion rail and a Geissele SSA and it’s become one of my favorite carbines.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SFW View Post
    I’m getting ready to pick up a few spare bolt carrier groups for the safe. I have two BCM rifles that have never given me any issues in the six years that I have had them. I also have a Colt 6920 that has run great as well. So my question is this… is the Colt BCG worth an extra $50 over the BCM?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Would depend on the 'particular' Colt BCG wouldn't it?

Are you willing to pay that premium for the one that came out of an Expanse carbine or does it have to have special markings designating it as somehow being different? What if you can't tell the difference at all visually (between the 'different' Colt parts)???

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Whats the purpose for “a few” spare BCGs?
    That and the 'storing them in the safe' things are what confused me.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Would depend on the 'particular' Colt BCG wouldn't it?

Are you willing to pay that premium for the one that came out of an Expanse carbine or does it have to have special markings designating it as somehow being different? What if you can't tell the difference at all visually (between the 'different' Colt parts)???

The few Expanse Carbines I saw had 14.5” Socom barrels and BCGs with C stamped carriers and extractors.

You need to stay out of the Colt threads.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I don't see the $50.00 difference between BCM and Colt. BCM website lists their BCG at $189.00. Arms Unlimited lists Colt BCG at $195.00

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3 AE View Post
    I don't see the $50.00 difference between BCM and Colt. BCM website lists their BCG at $189.00. Arms Unlimited lists Colt BCG at $195.00
    Yes, my experience too. I have a BCM, several Colts and my one Gucci BCG.. Geissele, got it on sale so a little splurge for me. But, I see the BCM/Colt BCGs as being equal with one exception, the Billboard BCM on the carrier. I admit it doesn't affect performance but I just prefer to not have it. I wish they had an optional "no logo" version.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    Yes, my experience too. I have a BCM, several Colts and my one Gucci BCG.. Geissele, got it on sale so a little splurge for me. But, I see the BCM/Colt BCGs as being equal with one exception, the Billboard BCM on the carrier. I admit it doesn't affect performance but I just prefer to not have it. I wish they had an optional "no logo" version.
    I actually like the logo because I can tell what BCG is in a given AR at a glance. (All of my guns are mutts)
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Not hating or anything, but you’ve got a fleet of 3 high-quality rifles. I would expect that one (or even zero) spare BCGs would cover your needs, especially given the concern about plus or minus $50. You could cannibalize the spare, and replace its parts as needed.

When’s the last time you broke a bolt or any part of a BCG?

If you just want to have them, that’s cool, too.
    If you shear a lug completely off, if the broken piece of lug doesn't jam everything up solid, you can shoot another 500 rounds or so before you start to risk damaging the extension.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lysander View Post
    If you shear a lug completely off, if the broken piece of lug doesn't jam everything up solid, you can shoot another 500 rounds or so before you start to risk damaging the extension.
    That's with a good bolt. I had a Rainier Arms bolt where the second lug said goodnight within a handful of rounds.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Both bcgs check all the right boxes, and come free m trusted names. Buy the one that’s on sale, and be happy.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast