Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: BCM VS Colt BCG

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    “Quantity has a quality all its own.”

Sorry but I would rather have 2 Microbest for $200 than 1 BCM or Colt.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Since someone mentioned it, even though it wasn’t in the OP’s question.

I’d also choose Sionics over Colt or BCM.

They gauge excellent and more consistently inside and out. They also include well staked OCKS.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    “Quantity has a quality all its own.”

Sorry but I would rather have 2 Microbest for $200 than 1 BCM or Colt.
    For back ups, I can't argue with that logic. I do like my primary gear to be BCM or Colt.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Since someone mentioned it, even though it wasn’t in the OP’s question.

I’d also choose Sionics over Colt or BCM.

They gauge excellent and more consistently inside and out. They also include well staked OCKS.
    Makes sense, all Sionics products that I’ve used have been top notch.

As alternates I would also suggest Sons of Liberty Gun Works, Daniel Defense, Black River Tactical on the high end. For a lower price point, I’ve been really impressed with AO Precision mil spec that I’ve sourced from Right to Bear.
    Last edited by Hammer_Man; 12-07-22 at 12:26.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just got in a Sionics NP3 BCG, headspace checks good, haven't messed with it much more than pulling the bolt out and lubing it up.
    The phosphate one is $20 less than a BCM and uses ocks screws.
    Lifetime guarantee as well.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    SIONICS BCG are awesome, I have an older one pre-OCKS and pre-phosphate extractor and a newer with the improvement, both have been 100% as have my Colt, BCM and SOLGW BCGs.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I was in the "wherever possible use Colt" camp until I had a brand new Colt BCG show up out of spec from Brownells last year. Of course they took the return no issue, but still. The issue was in the cam pin slot. Couldn't get the cam pin out, the bolt wouldn't rotate far enough. The bad part is I didn't pull it apart before trying it. I assumed it was good to go being a new Colt BCG. The gun hiccupped once or twice when sighting in, but I figured it was the mag I was using and didn't pay it that much attention since it was more of a precision build anyway. It cost me a deer because I got a "click" instead of a bang. Tap racked and got a second click. By that point the shot opportunity was gone. It was a very cold morning and at first I thought it must've been cold lube preventing the bolt from fully seating. I got home and went to tear everything down to clean and lube and that's when I discovered the issue.

Doesn't mean all Colt BCG's suck. Just that anything can have issues.

FWIW one of my guns has a Colt BCG and the other has a Brownells Nitride. Both work equally well.
    Semper Paratus Certified AR15 Armorer

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    The bad part is I didn't pull it apart before trying it.
    Not to add insult to injury, but I'd never put a BCG into live fire without a tear down, inspection and lube.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Not to add insult to injury, but I'd never put a BCG into live fire without a tear down, inspection and lube.
    Yeah I hear you. You see enough good in a row, you get complacent. I did.
    Semper Paratus Certified AR15 Armorer

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    The few Expanse Carbines I saw had 14.5” Socom barrels and BCGs with C stamped carriers and extractors.

You need to stay out of the Colt threads.
    If you actually knew half what you 'thought' you did you would know that those did not appear until the very end of that series and were rare as hens teeth.

Those were the exception and not the norm for that series and produced / cobbled together for a few months vs being produced for a few years.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast