Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint ACRO P-2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    First off, I'm not supporting the nation. That's a HUGE generalization simply because I'm buying a product that was, like 90% of the shit in this country, manufactured over there. Don't get mad at me; get mad at the greedy, unscrupulous corporations who set up shop over there because they wanted to exploit cheap labor.

Second, I'm pretty sure you wrote that on a computer built in China, or with parts built in China, wearing clothes that were made in China, or at least some other nation that exploits labor and hates the West. I'm pretty sure your cell phone, TV, and about 50 to 80 percent of the stuff in your house was made partially or entirely in China.

And, Holosun is not a low quality RDS either. That's been pretty thoroughly proven.
    You can make excuses all you want, but at the end of the day you have an alternative choice to buying products made in China. Optics are one of those things you can for sure buy from sources other than China.

I know paying more money for the non Chinese optic isn’t fun, but neither is supporting intellectual property theft, slave labor, and the People’s Liberation Army. Hey whatever, you do you, but don’t be surprised when your actions are judged in a negative way by others.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    You can make excuses all you want, but at the end of the day you have an alternative choice to buying products made in China. Optics are one of those things you can for sure buy from sources other than China.

I know paying more money for the non Chinese optic isn’t fun, but neither is supporting intellectual property theft, slave labor, and the People’s Liberation Army. Hey whatever, you do you, but don’t be surprised when your actions are judged in a negative way by others.
    Let’s add forced sterilization and economic terrorism to the list too.

Funny how quickly one’s values can go out the window to save $100 on an optic. Americans are cheap suckers.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Let’s add forced sterilization and economic terrorism to the list too.

Funny how quickly one’s values can go out the window to save $100 on an optic. Americans are cheap suckers.
    People can't cherry pick. Look at everything you own that you actually can buy American, like American made clothing or shoes. There's a reason why Levi's last American factory closed for good.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post

Sorry not sorry. I bought a Holosun 509 and I like it. Go ahead and line me and others who have bought Holosun up against the wall for treason if that’s what’s considered being a turncoat these days.

Besides I bought from an American company. They got my money, not Holosun.
    Last edited by BoringGuy45; 06-17-21 at 11:49.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I want to get my first dot and I have to say I’m stuck in the same China issue. Lots of ppl use em and they’re much more affordable but I have read plenty of them not working right lately AND …CHINA.
    I know, I own other Chinese made stuff. We all do. Some are American companies with Chinese factories. That seems more acceptable than Chinese company Chinese factory.

Maybe I’m being silly and missing out on saving $200-300 and getting (hopefully) a great dot.
    Last edited by newyork; 06-17-21 at 10:34.
    "Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    Besides I bought from an American company. They got my money, not Holosun.
    Wat

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    People can't cherry pick. Look at everything you own that you actually can buy American, like American made clothing or shoes. There's a reason why Levi's last American factory closed for good.
    No doubt. But let’s really not try to pretend this has anything to do with anything other than price.

Holosun owners bought them because they are less expensive.

Period.

If a Holosun was more expensive than the equivalent Trijicon how many here would own one?

Zero.

Feedback Score
    If a Holosun was more expensive than the equivalent Trijicon how many here would own one?

Zero.
    There are plenty of folks that have deliberately picked Holosuns over Trijicon optics even when money is no object, e.g., Steve Fisher, Joe Chambers, etc. Seen it locally with USPSA guys, too, who take off SROs, RMRs, and/or DPPs for Holosuns.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 06-17-21 at 16:02.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Wat

I mean I bought it from Primary Arms.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    There are plenty of folks that have deliberately picked Holosuns over Trijicon optics even when money is no object, e.g., Steve Fisher, Joe Chambers, etc. Seen it locally with USPSA guys, too, who take off SROs, RMRs, and/or DPPs for Holosuns.
    Oh I thought you meant folks who don’t get paid to advertise.

Any regular Joe’s you know of that have done the same?

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast