Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Walther Arms new PDP

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCrum87hc View Post
    I do hate the PPQ and PDP compact can't use the 18 round mags of the fullsize grip. I was told the compact and the fullsize have differing grip angles.

It's not terribly worrying for me, though. There are 17 rounders for the PPQ as is, so I'm not going to sweat over 1 round.
    Not sure who would say that... The Walther folks have already confirmed you can use the 18rd PDP full size mags in the PDP compact.
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by caporider View Post
    Not sure who would say that... The Walther folks have already confirmed you can use the 18rd PDP full size mags in the PDP compact.
    Scott Jedlinkski told me that. He's been testing the PDP for months, but maybe he thought I was referring to the SF series?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCrum87hc View Post
    Scott Jedlinkski told me that. He's been testing the PDP for months, but maybe he thought I was referring to the SF series?
    Hmm.

You can see Cody Osborn from Walther showing how the 18rd mag fits into the Compact PDP (with a little shelf sticking out of course) at about the 7:47 mark in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGPJxTUhF_I

pdpfullmag.png
    Last edited by caporider; 02-23-21 at 16:14.
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by caporider View Post
    Retarded not to.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Walther has been clear (not going to look for the video, I think it was in their Instagram page) that PPQ M2 and PDP magazines are completely interchangeable (including the 18rd mags) and in fact they are working on an adaptor to make sure that the 18 rd isn’t overinserted into a compact model.
    The single exception: The full size PDP’s grip is longer so cannot physically fit a shorter magazine...pretty logical.

On the overinsertion issue, I run a couple Canik TP9 20 rd mags “for fun” in my M2’s. Same deal, I insert slowly to avoid shearing anything, as I was unsuccessful trying to get a sleeve for the mag 3D printed. (If someone has skills in that area, there’s probably still a market.)

The PPQ M1 is essentially a precursor model at this point. The mags are not interchangeable with the M2 (or now the PDP).

I’ll probably wait until a 5” model with the compact frame is released. That allows 100% compatibility with all models, and I’ll pick up some 18 rd mags once they do the OEM sleeves.

www.waltherarms.com/2021/01/14/walther-pdp-parts-compatibility
    Last edited by JediGuy; 02-24-21 at 10:22.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Walther has been clear (not going to look for the video, I think it was in their Instagram page) that PPQ M2 and PDP magazines are completely interchangeable (including the 18rd mags) and in fact they are working on an adaptor to make sure that the 18 rd isn’t overinserted into a compact model.
    The single exception: The full size PDP’s grip is longer so cannot physically fit a shorter magazine...pretty logical.

On the overinsertion issue, I run a couple Canik TP9 20 rd mags “for fun” in my M2’s. Same deal, I insert slowly to avoid shearing anything, as I was unsuccessful trying to get a sleeve for the mag 3D printed. (If someone has skills in that area, there’s probably still a market.)

The PPQ M1 is essentially a precursor model at this point. The mags are not interchangeable with the M2 (or now the PDP).

I’ll probably wait until a 5” model with the compact frame is released. That allows 100% compatibility with all models, and I’ll pick up some 18 rd mags once they do the OEM sleeves.

http://www.waltherarms.com/2021/01/1...-compatibility
    Thank you..

I now want one.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I believe in peace, love and extremely violent weapons systems... just in case that whole peace-and-love thing doesn't work out.

Feedback Score
    I wouldnt mind handling the full size.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Random 2¢

I have no idea who Scott whatever or Cody Osborne are. They’re probably great shooters and make cool videos. But they got those guns for free, have no skin in the game, and don’t have the training, hand size, or needs that I do. (Note: this isn’t to imply I have more or better training - it’s just not the same.) Why does what they say have any bearing on how the gun will perform for me? Better yet, what does this gun do better than any of the other big polymer 9s on the market?

I’ve now actually been around long enough to see gun social media guys push quite a few firearms that ended up being total bombs. Go check out the original Hudson H9 thread.

Day 1: “Big Joe’s IG said this gun shoots sooooo flat!”
    Day 320: “Oh snap, the company went bust and now I can’t find parts!”

Anyone remember how accurate the original M&Ps were?
    Morgan Freeman Voice: They weren’t.

To summarize - can someone, without getting defensive and argumentative point out advantages this gun provides? Likewise, I promise to be receptive and open to information. I genuinely want to learn.

Obviously Walther can release whatever they want, and more options are always better. But what in particular makes some of you want it so badly? I presume most of you already have a quality polymer 9 that works great. Right?

/NotTrolling
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 02-24-21 at 13:06.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Euro,
    I have PPQ’s and really like them.

The PDP does at least two things better for me:
    I don’t have to have some random company cut my slide then buy a plate to try out a red dot.
    When my hands get sweaty, the PPQ’s “comfortable grip” does get slippery. I’ve gone back and forth but have thus far chickened out of stippling.

So, OEM mount for red dot and OEM grip textures that work better for people that like the PPQ. Besides that, it can make use of all those PPQ mags I bought up for cheap. Anything else is just bonus, the PPQ trigger has always been better than anything else OEM.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Euro,
    I have PPQ’s and really like them.

The PDP does at least two things better for me:
    I don’t have to have some random company cut my slide then buy a plate to try out a red dot.
    When my hands get sweaty, the PPQ’s “comfortable grip” does get slippery. I’ve gone back and forth but have thus far chickened out of stippling.

So, OEM mount for red dot and OEM grip textures that work better for people that like the PPQ. Besides that, it can make use of all those PPQ mags I bought up for cheap. Anything else is just bonus, the PPQ trigger has always been better than anything else OEM.
    Everything you said is correct..

They had it in stock at Sportsmana..and once I saw it ...I bought it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I believe in peace, love and extremely violent weapons systems... just in case that whole peace-and-love thing doesn't work out.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast