Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you have a favorite soft-shell jacket?

Feedback Score
    Seems most people are cucking to overlook Arc'Teryx being a Chinese owned company based upon quality of the end product. I will never take that position, but hey, it's sort of a free country and we are mostly free to choose as we wish. Personally, I'd rather buy a perceived slightly inferior but American made clothing product.

I mean, my local grocery store is Walmart. Do I like shopping there, when half of their crap is made in China? No, but I'm not going to drive 100 miles out of my way to visit a locally owned store.

But in the case of many items, especially high dollar goods that can be purchased online, I will always buy American if the quality is there.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Yea, there is a lot of "good enough" rationale going in this thread. I'm all for buying US if it's the best stuff. I am 100% buy once cry once guy. I will stick with dead bird till someone makes a better product.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Yea, there is a lot of "good enough" rationale going in this thread. I'm all for buying US if it's the best stuff. I am 100% buy once cry once guy. I will stick with dead bird till someone makes a better product.
    Pretty much this. No one else is making a decent gore-tex product at Arc's price point. Just buy alternatives when you can. Like shoes, I'll never buy Arc's shoes or pants with their wonky sizing.

The whole point of my post was to make sure everyone knew who they are getting in bed with.

Feedback Score
    I'm beginning to think that some people will not denigrate Arc'Teryx because they have an interest in selling or promoting it.

Feedback Score
    I'm beginning to think that some people are willing to find a political axe to grind in the most mundane of things. Meanwhile, I'm busy living my (dry & warm & well fit) life.

The deadbird shows up repeatedly here because it's The Best in this particular niche. You can look elsewhere (beyond clothing, outdoor research, etc.), but why? The Atom LT is legit AF. It's like looking for a Glock 19 alternative. Why. Bother.

If only Arcteryx were funding me! Big Daddy Arc, if you're listening, I'm a size L and I'll take one of everything and promise to never talk shit about your incredibly awesome (and overpriced) gear!
    Last edited by noonesshowmonkey; 02-24-21 at 21:35.

Feedback Score
    Sitka

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by noonesshowmonkey View Post
    I'm beginning to think that some people are willing to find a political axe to grind in the most mundane of things.

Its so tiresome

It's like looking for a Glock 19 alternative. Why. Bother.

People are literally doing this as we speak. Gotta be “unique” by going for something unproven and not as good.

5char

Feedback Score
    I’m not saying this just about Arcteryx, but why would you give money to a company that hates you when there are other choices?

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    I’m not saying this just about Arcteryx, but why would you give money to a company that hates you when there are other choices?
    I dont mean to beat a dead horse on Arc'teryx but as I think it has been expressed in this thread, there are not better choices. As of Feb 2021 there stuff is still the best. Not in all areas or you may need features that they are not offering. But as a general rule their stuff is pretty stellar. Do you own any Arc'teryx?

Also what data do you have that they hate you? I know there are a lot of outdoor companies that you could make a generalized statement like that but not Arc'teryx. They go to SHOT SHOW every year and it does not seem like they hate anyone.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventenberry View Post
    Seems most people are cucking to overlook Arc'Teryx being a Chinese owned company based upon quality of the end product. I will never take that position, but hey, it's sort of a free country and we are mostly free to choose as we wish. Personally, I'd rather buy a perceived slightly inferior but American made clothing product.

I mean, my local grocery store is Walmart. Do I like shopping there, when half of their crap is made in China? No, but I'm not going to drive 100 miles out of my way to visit a locally owned store.

But in the case of many items, especially high dollar goods that can be purchased online, I will always buy American if the quality is there.
    I don't think it's Chinese-owned, but they sure do make a lot of their stuff there (as well as Vietnam, Bangladesh, and still make some in Canada). I really like their stuff; I have a few pieces of their gear. It's legit solid.

Beyond is the 'new' Arc'teryx for some of the military, but their mil gear is more expensive than the LEAF line.

I would rather buy US, but I am not going to pay a substantial amount more just to buy US.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast