Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Walther Arms new PDP

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Euro,
    I have PPQ’s and really like them.

The PDP does at least two things better for me:
    I don’t have to have some random company cut my slide then buy a plate to try out a red dot.
    When my hands get sweaty, the PPQ’s “comfortable grip” does get slippery. I’ve gone back and forth but have thus far chickened out of stippling.

So, OEM mount for red dot and OEM grip textures that work better for people that like the PPQ. Besides that, it can make use of all those PPQ mags I bought up for cheap. Anything else is just bonus, the PPQ trigger has always been better than anything else OEM.
    This^. I have two PPQs. One of them has had the slide milled and the grip stippled. The other is stock outside of replacement irons. It's cheaper for me to replace it with a PDP that has a better trigger, better grip texture, and is already cut for an optic plate than to send in my PPQ to have it stippled and cut for an optic. Plus, the trigger is better on the PDP than the PPQ and my existing mags will work it as well. I'll be keeping my other PPQ, since I already have the grip textured and the slide has an optic.

Many of us have experience with the PPQs and know how accurate they are and how great the triggers are, etc. If the PDP is a straight up upgrade, why wouldn't we go that route? Also, some of the guys who have been running the PDPs for a while aren't simply social media shills. While they may have gotten the gun for free, they are legit shooters, trainers, and LEOs whose opinions are respected. I get where you're coming from, Euro and certainly agree that shilling happens more often than not in these cases.

Assuming Sportsmans Warehouse is correct in their timing, mine should be available for pick up today. I'm going to the range tomorrow and will be glad to follow up with my first impressions.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Just played with one in the shop. Trigger was excellent. Everything else seemed like more of the same, even a bit clunky. Again, just playing with one in the shop. OTOH, the all steel SF was seriously tempting other that the cost.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Does the PDP have the same issue as the PPQ of decocking the striker when the trigger is pulled while the slide is out of battery i.e. if a body contact shot is attempted.

Feedback Score
    Are the ppq and pdp 15 rd mags the exact same? Baseplate, gap between the grip and mag, etc.
    I know they work, just not sure if they are the exact same or not.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Walther has a comparability chart on their webpage. The same part number (2848708) magazine for the PPQ M2 variants and the PDP Compact, both slide lengths. The 4" barrel is also the same between models, so your existing factory or aftermarket threaded barrel should drop right in.

They list 17 other common part numbers including recoil springs.

Here is the official chart:
    https://waltherarms.com/2021/01/14/w...compatibility/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Just played with one in the shop. Trigger was excellent. Everything else seemed like more of the same, even a bit clunky. Again, just playing with one in the shop. OTOH, the all steel SF was seriously tempting other that the cost.
    Got to mess with a friends SF Pro. Nice...again...except for lack of paddle releases. Like people who can't get used to them, I can't get used to using buttons. I think because I unknowingly broke my thumb awhile back and just let it heal on it's own, the lack of flexibility because of it is a no go for me.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I looooove paddle release levers. Definitely my preferred release. But Buttons are fine for me
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    Got to mess with a friends SF Pro. Nice...again...except for lack of paddle releases. Like people who can't get used to them, I can't get used to using buttons. I think because I unknowingly broke my thumb awhile back and just let it heal on it's own, the lack of flexibility because of it is a no go for me.
    Reverse the mag catch and use you trigger finger to release it.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I looooove paddle release levers. Definitely my preferred release. But Buttons are fine for me
    The paddles are a superior mag release setup IMO, the Browning button has been the American default for over hundred years so by default they are fine, but I'd still like to see a PDP M1.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Reverse the mag catch and use you trigger finger to release it.
    Its funny you say that. I do that when using my SR22.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast