Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Today is the day for Carry Concealed in Illinois.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I would like to see the final printed copy of P.A. 98-0063. It will take some time before it is issued.
    Last edited by T2C; 07-09-13 at 15:44.

Feedback Score
    -Thomas

Member, ISRA; Life Member, NRA; USCCA Certified Instructor; NRA Certified Instructor, AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Concealed Carry Instructor
    www.alphakoncepts.com www.gunrights4illinois.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CGS View Post
    Thank you. I have already reviewed all 168 pages on the link a few times. There are still a lot of additions and deletions on the link. I will feel better when I see the final draft.

I would like clarification from the legislature as to what needs to be covered in the criminal law portion of a CCW class. They also need to clarify how the B-27 target will be scored. I suspect an Illinois CCW instructor will be issued a unique number like the FOID.

We took a giant step in the right direction today, but there is still a lot to do.
    Last edited by T2C; 07-09-13 at 15:52.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    Thank you. I have already reviewed all 168 pages on the link a few times. There are still a lot of additions and deletions on the link. I will feel better when I see the final draft.

I would like clarification from the legislature as to what needs to be covered in the criminal law portion of a CCW class. They also need to clarify how the B-27 target will be scored. I suspect an Illinois CCW instructor will be issued a unique number like the FOID. There is a lot to do.
    Yup, and 2 months to do it.
    -Thomas

Member, ISRA; Life Member, NRA; USCCA Certified Instructor; NRA Certified Instructor, AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Concealed Carry Instructor

Feedback Score
    Not from Il, but wishing you good luck.
    There are only 2 things we should fight for. One is defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights.

Gen. Smedley Butler, USMC

Feedback Score

Re: Today is the day for Carry Concealed in Illinois.

So now that the general assembly told muttonhead to shove it, I wonder what will become of his "warning" not to mess with his AV? Probably nothin as everyone knows he's just an empty suit but he probably thought he sounded pretty tough.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by gunrunner505; 07-09-13 at 16:48.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
    And.............. ISP will have a 3 month window to "process" the requisite paperwork. So - the EARLIEST that anyone will be carrying will be 9 months - the best part of a year down the road. (And really - what are the sanctions if ISP DOES take longer than 90 days for processing

john - trapped in this god-forsaken state
    Right now the ISRA is suing for immediate FOID carry until the ISP starts to issue permits.
    -Thomas

Feedback Score

Re: Today is the day for Carry Concealed in Illinois.

Am I correct in reading the law that basically the Crook County AWB is gone and is being replaced by individual town bans? The info I've seen doesn't look like too many towns enacted one.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunrunner505 View Post
    Am I correct in reading the law that basically the Crook County AWB is gone and is being replaced by individual town bans? The info I've seen doesn't look like too many towns enacted one.

I don't think we are out of the woods until July 19th.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast