Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Cattle mutilations

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    David has pointed out on numerous occasions that no one with both a firearm and personal locator has ever gone missing.
    Is it the firearm, the personal locator, or both that's the key?

Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    I'd have to go back and listen but I think he noted a recent case - a FIRST - where someone with both did go missing. But yeah, 99.99% of the time having both seems to be insurance.

He won't say what his ideas are, probably because he would get labeled as soon as he did. FYI one of his other interests is bigfoot. But his most recent work is on urban disappearances with the same weird profile.

Me? I'm not saying it's Predator, but... I'd sure like to limit my hikes to groups with a minigun, at least two future governors, and a supply of IR-blocking mud.
    Is it someone who went missing with both and was later found under similar circumstances to that described previously in this thread? Or just someone out hunting, with a personal locator, who went missing? (Which is pretty easy to imagine how that might happen without resorting to, "Yautja did it.")
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post

Is it someone who went missing with both and was later found under similar circumstances to that described previously in this thread? Or just someone out hunting, with a personal locator, who went missing? (Which is pretty easy to imagine how that might happen without resorting to, "Yautja did it.")
    Relatively few people who carry guns go missing, or are found dead, in the particular type of scenario that Paulides focuses on. Add the locator beacon and it drops to 1 ever (IIRC) or zero.

Paulides doesn't come out and say that something intelligent and malevolent is abducting people, but that's the obvious conclusion to draw from his accounts of hundreds of disappearances meeting a profile. Whether that evil is aliens, bigfoot, Spetsnaz or COBRA is not opined on.

His "missing 411" research focuses on a specific disappearance/death scenario that is disturbingly common in the national parks. It's not each and every person who goes missing. He is a guest on some radio shows and you can listen to them on youtube to get a flavor. I have not read his books, but will - some day.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Apparently both.

While he's never openly speculated as to why this is, strictly based upon the data he's collected over the years, the number of people with both a firearm and transponder who have gone missing in his data-set is exactly zero.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    Relatively few people who carry guns go missing, or are found dead, in the particular type of scenario that Paulides focuses on. Add the locator beacon and it drops to 1 ever (IIRC) or zero.

Paulides doesn't come out and say that something intelligent and malevolent is abducting people, but that's the obvious conclusion to draw from his accounts of hundreds of disappearances meeting a profile. Whether that evil is aliens, bigfoot, Spetsnaz or COBRA is not opined on.

His "missing 411" research focuses on a specific disappearance/death scenario that is disturbingly common in the national parks. It's not each and every person who goes missing. He is a guest on some radio shows and you can listen to them on youtube to get a flavor. I have not read his books, but will - some day.
    The vid posted was on hunters, so in that segment, armed.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I enjoy listening to Mr. Paulides a great deal, but I think the correct explanation is the simplest. He started his research in National Parks, where the large majority of visitors have no outdoors experience. Combine this with the large number of visitors (possibly making it fertile ground for crazies/serial killers) and you have a recipe for people going missing.

Then he expands it to other wilderness areas near big cities. Take for instance, the Uinta mountains, an area where there is a large (~2 million) population living next to an even larger hunk of nothing. Despite the fact that nearly everyone in SLC has an REI membership, very few are hardcore outdoors folk. Most are completely amateur, and I could easily see them getting lost in the high Uintas, where trails aren’t well marked and navigation skills are recommended.

I’ve seen what a lot of these people (don’t) carry, and you really don’t need to make up a yeti/sasquatch/qwijibo to explain it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyohte View Post
    I enjoy listening to Mr. Paulides a great deal, but I think the correct explanation is the simplest. He started his research in National Parks, where the large majority of visitors have no outdoors experience. Combine this with the large number of visitors (possibly making it fertile ground for crazies/serial killers) and you have a recipe for people going missing.

Then he expands it to other wilderness areas near big cities. Take for instance, the Uinta mountains, an area where there is a large (~2 million) population living next to an even larger hunk of nothing. Despite the fact that nearly everyone in SLC has an REI membership, very few are hardcore outdoors folk. Most are completely amateur, and I could easily see them getting lost in the high Uintas, where trails aren’t well marked and navigation skills are recommended.

I’ve seen what a lot of these people (don’t) carry, and you really don’t need to make up a yeti/sasquatch/qwijibo to explain it.
    Some that's true no doubt, others, not so much. Life long hunters with mil background with no tracks but their own found, and nothing else. Some of them can't be explained by the usual suspects. Bodies found with no signs of violence, toddlers found miles from where there were, where grown men with experience have difficulty getting to. Etc, etc. Vid posted page or so back (#37), all hunters, all armed...
    Last edited by WillBrink; 11-13-18 at 09:26.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    IIRC, there was a DIA program that involved the study of animal mutilations in the Uintah Basin area called AAWSAP.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    The vid posted was on hunters, so in that segment, armed.
    Although the first individual was armed with a bow, deep and alone in bear country.

Honestly, having listened to the Big Buck Registry podcast thing, it strikes me as a form of ghost story. Sort of thing you might tell around a campfire.

It's important to remember that places like the High Uintas Wilderness is mountainous - and mountainous areas in general - are places of treacherous terrain, where weather can change at the drop of a hat, and if you're not ready for those rapid weather changes... it doesn't take long for someone to become disoriented, lost, and subsequently die.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Although the first individual was armed with a bow, deep and alone in bear country.
    But the evidence not congruent with a bear attack by all accounts, but I can't claim expertise on the topic. He does say bow hunters tend to disappear with more regularity than those with guns, which also makes some sense if the cause some predator. It's astounding to me how many bow hunters don't at least have a side arm for backup, and or, how many hunters only have what their rifle can carry for ammo, etc.

While I understand why people hunt, I never understood hunters. Whole different mindset. Actually, would make an interesting thread onto itself.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    I'd love to see that movie
    Start with this one:

Endangered Species (1982)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083885/

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast