Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Impulse bought a 10.5 inch pistol...now what?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GHMann View Post
    That's the same one I bought 3 years ago. Don't have many rounds through it, 150, but it has worked fine. Like the pistol configuration so much, I bought another one. A PSA 7.5" 300 BO complete upper with a PSA lower build and SB 1913 brace. The 300 BO is more pleasant to shoot, i.e. not as loud. Have Sig Sauer Romeo 5s mounted on both. Thinking about installing a Franklin binary in one of them.
    I've been looking at a 300BO version lately as well...will probably do so after I recuperate from some vacation bills I ran up in January. PSA seems to have some good deals.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    10.5" is great. I built one then sold it and recently traded some ammo for another 10.5" Learned my lesson LOL

Feedback Score
    About 2002 I had a dream where I was out hiking and was attacked by a bear but killed it with an AK pistol.

Anyway....I'd think a pistol AR would be about the most practical and effective self-defense weapon one could lay hands on.

Good luck OP with your purchase.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    You got a Troy, you did good!

Shoot it and enjoy. I also recommend an H2, I feel it's the sweet spot, especially for shortys.

No reason to SBR. Ever. Don't waste the money.

If you do alot with your guns, not just shooting, but patrolling and/or hiking, and training in general, you'll truly see what's to love.....light and handy. Gotta use it to fully appreciate it!

You'll see.....
    I SBR personally. ATF keeps changing the rules on pistol braces not worth it.
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    I SBR personally. ATF keeps changing the rules on pistol braces not worth it.
    If it matches the stupid rules of Form 4999, then keep it pistol. Or, make it meet rules of 4999. Or, submit form and your money and make it a NFA SBR.

Will fed be frequenting gun ranges looking for people with AR pistols and seeing how they use them? Maybe.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DwayneZ View Post
    If it matches the stupid rules of Form 4999, then keep it pistol. Or, make it meet rules of 4999. Or, submit form and your money and make it a NFA SBR.

Will fed be frequenting gun ranges looking for people with AR pistols and seeing how they use them? Maybe.
    Or just SBR it.
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I’m planning on SBRing most of my pistols. While I bought them so I could leave them loaded in my truck (pistol with ME carry permit allows that; long gun… violation of hunting law), stocks do feel better. It’s on my list of things to do…

While I doubt I’ll get free stamps for the braced guns, it was floated by ATF… so I would likely take them up on it, if that occurred. Only would have one SBR that I’d have to pay for, since it is a 16” .45 AR rifle.

The big ones are my truck AR and TAC-14. Everything else… sort of extra benefit. But I feel like my cans (picking up on Tuesday) will make some of my guns more fun to have stocks… like my M&P 15/22 pistol.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I’ve been shooting mine a lot since I got it. I am not opposed to SBRing it, but I’m not in a hurry to deal with that paperwork either. I grew up on milspec stocks and frankly the SB brace is a better platform than some rattly old waffle stocks I’ve used. It is obviously lacking compared to something nice like a SOPMOD. Even though, I haven’t had any shooting or handling issues in 700 or so rounds. I live in the FL panhandle and spend enough time in neighboring states I like not having to deal with inter state SBR issues. When/if laws change and a pistol becomes a bigger headache than an SBR I’ll go that route.
    OEF / OIR / OFS

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I just started running a suppressor on my 10.5" pistol. It goes everywhere with me. Just too convenient. I'm considering an optics upgrade but hits with a red dot are too easy out to 300 yds. I used to shoot at Southern and Altus. Southern has a nice steel range.

Blessings

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I shoot at Altus, love the facility. There are enough different ranges and props I can keep myself entertained with the 10.5 out to 300, then shoot my other set ups on the long range steel.
    OEF / OIR / OFS

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast