Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Boom at the gun range.

Feedback Score

Boom at the gun range.

Guy came in and he was shooting his custom built ARs, one 5.56 and the other 300blk. He fired 300blk out of his 5.56 rifle. Not sure who the manufacture of his upper or BCG, he couldn't remember. Barrel was from Bear creek. The young guy was fine, only had a three inch cut on his forarm. Why i never shoot 300blk at the same time I shoot my 5.56 guns. will add more photos when I get a chance.

https://ibb.co/x1PR8rr MAGAZINE

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by zack991; 12-05-21 at 06:34. Reason: spelling

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Lack of situational awareness.. Gets expensive.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I see the post as a reminder to be a little more careful when you are firing multiple calibers of guns at one session. It's not just the 300 BO - popping off a 308 round in a 25-06 is not unheard of.

Andy

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    People are dumb, how hard is it to double check.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    People are dumb, how hard is it to double check.
    They have 4 people shooting together, no one was controlling who had want ammo or rifle.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Play silly games, win stupid prizes.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    You definitely want to be careful about not mixing ammunition. I keep different calibers in separate containers which are clearly marked.

I've seen people shoot 9mm +P+ out of a Glock 22 and others shoot .308 Winchester out of a M1 Garand chambered in 30-06. Fortunately, no one was hurt.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zack991 View Post
    They have 4 people shooting together, no one was controlling who had want ammo or rifle.
    If it’s my gun, especially being passed around or with different calibers, I make I sure load the mags. Ymmv

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    You definitely want to be careful about not mixing ammunition. I keep different calibers in separate containers which are clearly marked.

I've seen people shoot 9mm +P+ out of a Glock 22 and others shoot .308 Winchester out of a M1 Garand chambered in 30-06. Fortunately, no one was hurt.
    One of my Officers loaded up his duty .45 magazines with 9mm and carried it for an entire quarter. This officer worked a district where drawing his weapon daily, or multiple times daily was not uncommon. When he came out for quals he was having issues (crazy right?) with his weapon running. After watching him fight malfunction clearances several times in a row, I took the weapon and immediately saw what the issue was.

This Officer was no rising super star, he was a vet who just took the easy way out of everything and never seemed to care during training. Even though he had to come up and request his caliber of ammunition, he still managed to screw himself over. Maybe he was tired, maybe he grabbed someone elses ammo, who knows. My point is that bad things can happen, its worth double checking ammo.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    One of my Officers loaded up his duty .45 magazines with 9mm and carried it for an entire quarter. This officer worked a district where drawing his weapon daily, or multiple times daily was not uncommon. When he came out for quals he was having issues (crazy right?) with his weapon running. After watching him fight malfunction clearances several times in a row, I took the weapon and immediately saw what the issue was.

This Officer was no rising super star, he was a vet who just took the easy way out of everything and never seemed to care during training. Even though he had to come up and request his caliber of ammunition, he still managed to screw himself over. Maybe he was tired, maybe he grabbed someone elses ammo, who knows. My point is that bad things can happen, its worth double checking ammo.
    Sounds like he is lucky to be alive.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast