Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Mobil One As a Lube But What Weight?

Feedback Score
    Come on guys, you are going to breath more toxic oil fumes tuning up your car than you will ever breath in firing a rifle. You guys must all be young, in your 20s, worrying about cancer. I am 71 and would lube my AR with Agent Orange if it was the best lube.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    If you can afford to shoot enough to have to use a gallon of motor oil a year you can afford a real gun lube that's not retarded

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    To answer your question, I've used 0W20, 5W20 and 15W50 synthetic oil with success. None of my weapons have frozen up in single digit wind chills and everything worked fine in temperatures near 100 degrees.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bullseye View Post
    Come on guys, you are going to breath more toxic oil fumes tuning up your car than you will ever breath in firing a rifle. You guys must all be young, in your 20s, worrying about cancer. I am 71 and would lube my AR with Agent Orange if it was the best lube.
    Wow, someone on this board is older than me!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Torquetard View Post
    If you can afford to shoot enough to have to use a gallon of motor oil a year you can afford a real gun lube that's not retarded
    So-called gun lubricants are the greatest rip off in history.

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 10MMGary View Post
    I have a connection high within the F-E racing world and he sent me a sample of the grease & oil that is used on the electrical connections in all the connections pits TV radio systems and what not. It was a one race supply and cost $399.00 a gallon and only sold in 55 gallon barrels. He sent me an 1/8 oz tube. Now back to the question but I will ask my own silly question, does anyone beside me useALG Go Juice and 0000 very fine grease exclusively?
    I use ALG Go Juice and thin grease on my Sigs.....but Slip2k mainly for everything else

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    2019 is off to a wonderful start. Another lube v. world thread and carbon cleaning.
    Don't forget the carbon scrapers....we need a thread about that ...lol

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pag23 View Post
    I use ALG Go Juice and thin grease on my Sigs.....but Slip2k mainly for everything else
    Ah yes the Tinky Winky spooge. great at repelling carbon, i never have to scrape the firing pin or anything. it seems to stay on forever (using the oil for the bolt,).

also I agree witidlerjr, no denying it's all overpriced crap, but the way i see it is its allegedly engineered to be safe, who knows what Mobil 1 does when it's burning up and you're breathing it in.

not sure how long Mobil lasts, but with alg/slip, it stays put
    for, approximately a shit load of rounds on an AR.. so with adding a few drops every 500 to 1k, one of those tiny bottles could last forever.

anyways who cares,

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pag23 View Post
    Don't forget the carbon scrapers....we need a thread about that ...lol
    I agree. But apparently I am already overposting my welcome talking about lubricants now. You do it.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011