Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gen 5 Striker Spring

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Gen 5 Striker Spring

Anybody roach a Gen 5 G19 striker spring yet? Approximate round count?

I’m getting some light strikes with Ginex primers, hand-seated, so I know they’re seated right. They don’t fire on a second or third strike, and the dents look pretty small. My Gen 4 with extra strength striker spring has zero problems with this ammo.

I’m not sure how many rounds are on this gun. I asked a buddy that I split ammo/components with and he said “a lot”, but I don’t feel like it has been that much.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Glock firing pin spring #63 is the same firing pin spring for all Glock models and Gens:
    https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/SP00063

I suppose its possible there's a chance that one specific spring may not last as long as another given the same round count.
    Also, I've no idea how other brands of springs might compare to Glock OEM.

If there's any doubt regarding a specific Glock's spring, grab a new spring; compare the new spring's length to the used spring just for reference; take a pic of the length difference; then replace the spring anyway with the new spring and determine if the primers will now ignite.

OTHER.
    Also, still be wary of one's own loading capabilities and wonder if a batch of primers have somehow changed vs. an older lot/batch; i.e., suspect any/all possibilities.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    is the striker still in spec?

Feedback Score
    My thoughts:
    1. Clean pistol with emphasis on firing pin channel. Be sure it is clean and dry.
    2. Inspect striker assembly. Replace the spring with a new stock glock spring. Inspect striker and tip for damage. Measure OAL for OOS length. If cups have lots of brass shavings, replace the cups.
    3. If any non stock parts are in the gun remove and replace with stock, glock parts. Replace RSA.
    4. Once the baseline is done, shoot factory ammo. If no issues, try reloads. If still having issues, my bet is that the reloads are the issue. Check depth of primers.

Cheers, Steve

Feedback Score
    It seems this is happening more with Gen 5 Glocks.

They've come full circle.

Inspect firing pin for damage.

Replace striker spring.

Clean firing pin channel. Leave it dry.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I use the wolff extra power striker spring in all my Glocks. It's only 1/2 pound heavier than factory. Doesn't seem to change trigger pull much at all. I was getting light strikes on a batch of reloads. Problem solved

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...prod55142.aspx
    Last edited by signal4l; 02-05-23 at 20:25.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Anybody roach a Gen 5 G19 striker spring yet? Approximate round count?

I’m getting some light strikes with Ginex primers, hand-seated, so I know they’re seated right. They don’t fire on a second or third strike, and the dents look pretty small. My Gen 4 with extra strength striker spring has zero problems with this ammo.

I’m not sure how many rounds are on this gun. I asked a buddy that I split ammo/components with and he said “a lot”, but I don’t feel like it has been that much.
    Firing pin spring is the same across models, nothing special about its wear or operation on gen5.
    Very low on the list of suspect variables in light strikes unless primers are known to be harder than normal (BR, etc).
    FP springs go tens of thousands of rounds.
    FP spring problems are usually "improvements" or ".25 trigger jobs."
    Look at debris in the channel, FP tip wear, slide peening at the FP hole in the breechface.
    What's the gun do with factory ammo and/or other primers?
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Firing pin spring is the same across models, nothing special about its wear or operation on gen5.
    Very low on the list of suspect variables in light strikes unless primers are known to be harder than normal (BR, etc).
    FP springs go tens of thousands of rounds.
    FP spring problems are usually "improvements" or ".25 trigger jobs."
    Look at debris in the channel, FP tip wear, slide peening at the FP hole in the breechface.
    What's the gun do with factory ammo and/or other primers?
    Not doubting, just trying to learn- how would a .25 cent trigger job affect the FP Spring? Very curious.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Not doubting, just trying to learn- how would a .25 cent trigger job affect the FP Spring? Very curious.
    It's a generic term, some variations include snipping coils from the FP spring.

More a way to punctuate the false economy of WECSOG. I've fixed a lot of .25 trigger jobs.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by signal4l View Post
    I use the wolff extra power striker spring in all my Glocks. It's only 1/2 pound heavier than factory. Doesn't seem to change trigger pull much at all.
    This is what solved the problem with this guns Gen 4 predecessor with Bosnian primers. I was reluctant to use an aftermarket spring, but I was having trouble finding a stock one at the time.

All,
    Thanks for the replies so far. No part of the trigger system has been modified or even disassembled. It does have a PMM barrel and comp, an optic (its a MOS), and a light.

I will:

1) shoot some factory ammo.
    2) clean it
    3) order a new factory spring and measure it
    4) measure the striker. How do I go about that?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast