Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Nightforce NX8 1-8 Scope

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    For small footprint, durability and over-all quality, the NX8 1x8 can't be beat. It has a very usable reticle with or without illumination, but a tighter eye-box and will be darker than the Vortex scopes. I sold my C598, but have a C599 on order, so I'm a believer. Use a zero MOA mount. My only wish wound be .1 mil adjustments but that isn't happening...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LMT/556 View Post
    For small footprint, durability and over-all quality, the NX8 1x8 can't be beat. It has a very usable reticle with or without illumination, but a tighter eye-box and will be darker than the Vortex scopes. I sold my C598, but have a C599 on order, so I'm a believer. Use a zero MOA mount. My only wish wound be .1 mil adjustments but that isn't happening...
    Yes, I believe that point has been expressed, I'm looking for a comparison between it and the RAZOR HD GEN III 1-10, to repeat my point.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    Yes, I believe that point has been expressed, I'm looking for a comparison between it and the RAZOR HD GEN III 1-10, to repeat my point.
    There are plenty of YouTube reviews on each. Why not watch those and form your own opinion based on your own needs?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    There are plenty of YouTube reviews on each. Why not watch those and form your own opinion based on your own needs?
    I was under the impression this was a discussion forum where people could ask questions and gain insights from participants, if it is not, perhaps it should just shut down and refer everyone to YouTube.

My specific question remains:

Has anyone here done a comparison specifically between the NX8 and the RAZOR HD GEN III 1-10, or, for that matter a specific comparison between the ATACR and the RAZOR III, etc.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I was under the impression this was a discussion forum where people could ask questions and gain insights from participants, if it is not, perhaps it should just shut down and refer everyone to YouTube.

Has anyone here done a comparison specifically between the NX8 and the RAZOR HD GEN III 1-10, or, for that matter a specific comparison between the ATACR and the RAZOR III, etc.
    Yeah you’re right, good luck finding the one person here on the forum with time behind both that you actually trust the opinion of. Carry on and don’t do any research for yourself.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Sabre675 has some input on the Vortex 1x10. It all comes down to priorities, primarily size and weight vs better glass and improved reticles (elevation and windage holds). Like I said ATACR 1x8 is a better direct comparator to the Vortex 1x10.
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...05#post2822905

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

To clarify, no. We don't do that here In all seriousness, it is probably easier for someone respected on YT (like GunsNGear, Garand, etc) to walk you through the differences. Guys like that have a lot of rounds through these and probably will have better points than you'll find here...and will be able to show you what they're talking about with visual aids. Garand's Vortex video actually compares it to the NF.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1R8TlaYsF0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoZ3leUm98A

I don't own either but have been behind both briefly. The Vortex is a bit longer and they both seemed to be the same weight. These are both so good that your preference will probably be dictated by your use case. At this price glass is fantastic on both, no fishbowl at 1x, etc. I find the ATACR to be quicker at 1X, thanks to the beefier reticle that draws your eye in. The Vortex is no slouch though, and reticle seems smaller at 1x in part to the huge FOV. If distance work is more a priority, the Vortex (MRAD) is superior IMO. I found the reticle to be thick/obstructive at 8x on the NightForce, and this is the most common gripe I've heard about it. Again though, this again depends on your use case/size of what you'll be targeting.

Just my thoughts, I'm currently looking at these, Trij Credo 1-8x, etc. Haven't made a decision yet but the Vortex always wins out in my mind so far.
    Last edited by munch520; 10-22-20 at 12:27.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by munch520 View Post
    To clarify, no. We don't do that here In all seriousness, it is probably easier for someone respected on YT (like GunsNGear, Garand, etc) to walk you through the differences. Guys like that have a lot of rounds through these and probably will have better points than you'll find here...and will be able to show you what they're talking about with visual aids. Garand's Vortex video actually compares it to the NF.
    If he were inclined to take my advice, I would add the SupersetCA YT channel for some pretty good optic reviews including the ones he’s asking about. I’ll also point out that he was originally asking about the NX8 and Vortex G3...which really are apples and oranges. You don’t buy the NX8 for the same reasons as buying the G3, and vice versa.

I’ve owned the NX8 for a couple years and my comments on it can be found on this forum (and even this thread), if he were inclined to do his own research. Just sayin.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    If he were inclined to take my advice, I would add the SupersetCA YT channel for some pretty good optic reviews including the ones he’s asking about. I’ll also point out that he was originally asking about the NX8 and Vortex G3...which really are apples and oranges. You don’t buy the NX8 for the same reasons as buying the G3, and vice versa.

I’ve owned the NX8 for a couple years and my comments on it can be found on this forum (and even this thread), if he were inclined to do his own research. Just sayin.
    One hunnit. Completely agree.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by munch520 View Post

I don't own either but have been behind both briefly. The Vortex is a bit longer and they both seemed to be the same weight. These are both so good that your preference will probably be dictated by your use case. At this price glass is fantastic on both, no fishbowl at 1x, etc. I find the ATACR to be quicker at 1X, thanks to the beefier reticle that draws your eye in. The Vortex is no slouch though, and reticle seems smaller at 1x in part to the huge FOV. If distance work is more a priority, the Vortex (MRAD) is superior IMO. I found the reticle to be thick/obstructive at 8x on the NightForce, and this is the most common gripe I've heard about it. Again though, this again depends on your use case/size of what you'll be targeting.

Just my thoughts, I'm currently looking at these, Trij Credo 1-8x, etc. Haven't made a decision yet but the Vortex always wins out in my mind so far.
    Thanks for the helpful comment and links. I appreciate it. I just finished watching the Garand Thumb review of the VORTEX.
    Last edited by MikeF; 10-22-20 at 14:49.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast