Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MOE Carbine handguard light mounts

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    I've been using this mount with a Surefire G2 at 1 o'clock (using a MagPul bolt on rail):

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Vikin...nt%20black.htm

It's inexpensive and lightweight but I am exploring other options. The only thing I definitely didn't like about the Viking mount is that the inner sleeve is a bitch to get out without scarring it.
    I was wondering if you have a picture of this setup? Is the mount situated so that it is mounted to the top part of the handguard or the side? Does it hit the sight/gas block?

Thanks,
    Bill W

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by of188 View Post
    I was wondering if you have a picture of this setup? Is the mount situated so that it is mounted to the top part of the handguard or the side? Does it hit the sight/gas block?

Thanks,
    Bill W
    I don't have a pic, but the rail itself is mounted at the one o'clock position. The MOE handguard has a pitched roof sort of configuration, and this causes the light mount to dangle down to almost the three o'clock position. It doesn't get anywhere near the sight block. It's great for leaving it in exactly the right position to activate the light with your offhand thumb. It's not so great for zipping the rifle up in a gun case, because it bulges pretty good.
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 09-23-11 at 09:01.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'll add another +1 for the IWC mount. In addition to having a great mount for the MOE hand guards their customer service is unparalleled.

Feedback Score
    I found a pic (below) that approximates my mount. I added the MagPul non-rail mounted VFG to my handguards.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for posting that pic

Bill W

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Got it mounted up yesterday, I love it.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonrider657 View Post
    Check out Surefire's warning on the G2X/6PX package (lower right):
    I never noticed the warning. That said I know there are a good amount of people running them on their AR's.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    Just to update my setup: I ditched the vertical foregrip and moved the rail and light mount to the 10 o'clock position so the light mount points up instead of down. This puts the light right alongside the left side of the front sight base and makes it so I can activate the tail switch with my off-hand thumb without needing the VFG. It also makes zipping the rifle up in a carrying case easier because the light and mount don't try to bulge through the case as with the other mounting method.

Live and learn.

Feedback Score
    Here is what I did when I had the MOE handguards. Vtac mount at 12 o'clock. Worked OK, but have since switched some things out.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Bumping this up to see if any new mounts are around. I’m currently pieceing together a budget build and want to mount one of the G2s I have laying around to MOE handguards.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast