View Poll Results: What aiming device(s) do you use most?

Voters
240. You may not vote on this poll
  • Iron sights

17 7.08%
  • Red dot / holographic sight

149 62.08%
  • RDS/Holo plus magnifier

17 7.08%
  • 1-4x LPVO

16 6.67%
  • 1-6x LPVO

21 8.75%
  • =/> 1-8x LPVO

20 8.33%
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: What aiming device do you use on your primary rifle?

Feedback Score
    Could add another category: Red dot in an LPVO.

I have a Steiner 1-4 LPVO that has an illuminated red dot right in the center of the crosshairs.

Yeah, splitting hairs I know.....
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Could add another category: Red dot in an LPVO.

I have a Steiner 1-4 LPVO that has an illuminated red dot right in the center of the crosshairs.

Yeah, splitting hairs I know.....
    At least from my perspective, I assumed a modern LPVO with a dot or some sort of illuminated reticle

Feedback Score
    Aimpointon everything. Had one EOTECH that crapped out. But do love the EOTECH reticle. One day will try a LPVO but that's a rabbit hole for sure.

Feedback Score
    Steiner PX4i

Feedback Score
    interesting thread. my choice on several rifles so far has been a reasonable cost leupold 1.5x4 LPVO with the green fire dot reticle. easy to pick up the bright dot for close shots and the magnification helps my old eyes see what i am aiming at. i also have a rds and was quite surprised at how easy it was to make hits on steel. and for comparison, my buddy with his colt carbine and iron sights struggled to make hits. i tried his rifle and also struggled in the low light conditions to see the target well and aim it well. i was convinced that the RDS was better than irons by a lot. i still like the LPVO though for target identification.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Vortex LPVO 1-8 and Venom 3moa at 1 oclock, also 45deg buis

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Lpvos with offset dots mostly these days.

About to try a TA33 w/piggyback RMR on a gun that is naked.

Feedback Score
    I feel the optic has to support the intended purpose of the subjects “primary rifle”.

If I was MUCH younger and humping patrol in some far away desert, normally engaging adversaries out at 200-600 meters, but occasionally up close and personal, a mid range variable optic like the discontinued Leupold Mark 4, 1.5-5x20mm, or the much more expensive Mark 6 or 8 CQB scopes would be optimal.

Today my “primary rifle” is for personal defense of home and family. From a few to maybe 25 yards. In an urban home defense environment, having to engage adversaries past 50 yards, probably never, past 100 yards, well it’s possible but highly unlikely. For fast up close and personal CQB I want a two eyes open, none magnified, wide field of view optic which simply helps place rounds on target quickly and allows for fast transition to the next adversary. Needs to work day or night. For me, the Aimpoint Micro T2 Red Dot Sight fits the bill perfectly. Turn it on a dusk or night time setting, leave it on, change the battery with each new year. Always ready and good to go.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Mods, can you lock this thread? I think we have a good snapshot, and there might be value in doing another one in a couple years versus leaving this open.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Mods, can you lock this thread? I think we have a good snapshot, and there might be value in doing another one in a couple years versus leaving this open.

Or is it possible to close the poll but leave discussion open? just a thought

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast