Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: King of the LPvO's - 2021

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    I suppose the only downside to a SFP LPVO is that the bullet drop is no good unless you're at full power. So with the Gen II Razor, for example, you'd have to just estimate the drop if you're between 1 and 5. But I suppose you'd be doing that anyway if you had a red dot.
    The Strelok app will show you what your SFP scope is supposed to range at 5X, 4X, 3X, etc in the case of a 1-6X.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    I have a 1-6 razor. I have a bunch of time on the Kahles 1-6. I have handles the 1-10 razor and it appears to have all the benefits of the 1-6. I also have a Steiner 1-4, a Trijicon 1.25-4 and I just got the Tango 6 from Sig.

As a do anything/everything optic, its really hard to argue with the Vortex 1-10. I plan on putting one on a San/Sig 550 to see what its 21 inch barrel at distance.

I think in terms of clarity and COLOR definition, the Kahles is just amazing. My old man uses a Kahles spotting scope for bird watching. They seem to have their color rendering down.

Finally, I have just started using the Tango 1-6 FFP. It is really excellent. Daylight bright. Useful reticle... AND it has night vision settings for passive aiming with a PVS14 or running a PVS30 in front. That is a nice to have.

The Steiner and 1.25x4 Trijicon are now on 7.62x39 guns. The 4x works great for that.
    Damien

If a large number of people are willing to kill you for saying something, then it probably really needs to be said. .

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KTR03 View Post
    I have a 1-6 razor. I have a bunch of time on the Kahles 1-6. I have handles the 1-10 razor and it appears to have all the benefits of the 1-6. I also have a Steiner 1-4, a Trijicon 1.25-4 and I just got the Tango 6 from Sig.

As a do anything/everything optic, its really hard to argue with the Vortex 1-10. I plan on putting one on a San/Sig 550 to see what its 21 inch barrel at distance.

I think in terms of clarity and COLOR definition, the Kahles is just amazing. My old man uses a Kahles spotting scope for bird watching. They seem to have their color rendering down.

Finally, I have just started using the Tango 1-6 FFP. It is really excellent. Daylight bright. Useful reticle... AND it has night vision settings for passive aiming with a PVS14 or running a PVS30 in front. That is a nice to have.

The Steiner and 1.25x4 Trijicon are now on 7.62x39 guns. The 4x works great for that.
    Which version of the Tango 6 did you get?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Dunno if anyone posted this yet but nice comparison review as always from him

https://youtu.be/DU3HVeaDkb8

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    I have a K16i on my 2-Gun rifle and the majority of every match is shot at 1x. There are 1-2 stages where I will go to 6x and shoot up to 500yds.

I believe that if you go to a 1-8x or 1-10x and are shooting mainly at the higher end, you might as well go to a 2.5-10 or 3-9 etc. Reason being is when you get into FFP LPVO, especially with higher mag, the 1x really degrades and the higher end is pretty sensitive/unforgiving. So you are essentially left with a jack of all trades but master of none.

No with that being said, I plan on purchasing a NX8 for my "go to"/shtf 16" gun because I'm willing to trade 1x performance for the ability to have an FFP reticle and higher magnification on a rifle that is a "do all" gun. I'm curious as to how the 34mm, 10oz heavier Trijicon Credo 1-8 performs though at 1x and if it'll be worth the weight.
    I have the predecessor to the 1-8 Credo, i.e. the 1-8X28 AccuPower (34mm tube, 25.6 oz). Imho, it is great at 1x. The large tube makes for a larger viewing area, bright, clear. I love looking through this scope. Downside is that it is heavy. Add a Geissele mount and you are looking at 32-33 oz, more than a 1-8 vcog with its integral mount. Now, having said all that, I still love this scope, and am willing to put up with the weight simply due to the performance it provides, including that Trijicon reliability.

Feedback Score
    Take a look at Riton, excellent glass and very rugged. Veteran owned company and you can get a discount if military/veteran.
    https://ritonoptics.com/product/x7-tactix-1-8x28/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    One of my biggest questions when it comes to decent quality LPVOs is ruggedness. I know the really good ones like the Razor, ATACR, K6i, SD, etc are built like tanks and have excellent glass. For the less expensive ones, are you sacrificing both glass quality and significant ability to take a beating? Could you get a decent LPVO for under $1000 that, while maybe not crystal clear like a high end scope, could still survive doomsday? Or are the LPVOs like the Primary Arms, Accupoint, etc, basically just good for range and competition?
    Seems to be a case by case thing. Seen Garand Thumb, Robski, and some others do much worse to PA scopes(@ app. 10% of the cost) that kept working.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    The Strelok app will show you what your SFP scope is supposed to range at 5X, 4X, 3X, etc in the case of a 1-6X.
    Strelok is well worth the money for deciding zero and confirming poi/poa at different distances.

Feedback Score
    For what it's worth, I coordinated a class at my club last Fall where the instructor was a large-ish name former Teams guy with a lot of been-there-done-that experience. He also has significant training contracts with some federal government agencies, so he isn't just a paper warrior.

I asked him at the end of the course what he runs as the optic on his primary long gun and said the Vortex Razor 1-6x24 is his choice.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
    For what it's worth, I coordinated a class at my club last Fall where the instructor was a large-ish name former Teams guy with a lot of been-there-done-that experience. He also has significant training contracts with some federal government agencies, so he isn't just a paper warrior.

I asked him at the end of the course what he runs as the optic on his primary long gun and said the Vortex Razor 1-6x24 is his choice.
    This experience is not unusual.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast