Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: M16A4 Free Float ?'s

Feedback Score
    What about the Centurion C4 rail?

Feedback Score
    While not an M16 here's my 6920 SOCOM with the Troy Charlie rail. It fits nice around the fixed sight end uses the delta ring.

I've never had any issues with the screws backing out even after countless thousands of rounds.

I haven't noticed much improvement in accuracy going to a free float design but that could be more my shooting than anything else.
    I wish it were a little lighter but it came down to cost vs weight vs availability.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by omegajb; 10-17-18 at 15:13.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mykdee View Post
    That is one bada*% rifle, but that rail probably costs more than my whole rifle! More than I can spend. But, thanks for the pic.
    Midwest Industries does have a 2-pc. rifle length FF picatinny-railed handguard.

https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com...r-22g2-blk.htm
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post
    This one has an A.R.M.S.® #59™M S.I.R.® System (NSN 1005-01-574-2540). This is the military version as compared to the commercial version Stickman is showing. It does require the removal of the Delta ring assembly, but still utilizes the standard barrel nut.

Oddly enough, I have the mil one sitting around as well. I also have the ARMS MK12 extended rail sitting in plastic. I have a pretty good amount of strange things.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    What about the Centurion C4 rail?
    Absolutely a fantastic choice, I just don't have a 20" weapon to show it on. However, that does make me want to build one...
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Absolutely a fantastic choice, I just don't have a 20" weapon to show it on. However, that does make me want to build one...
    IMO, the mid-2,000's were the golden years of the AR/M rifle dynasty from the full picatinny rails to the free floaters, it's hard to find a more badass looking battle rifle. Sure the M-Lok and other evolutions are cool in a techy way, but for shear kickass-ness, nothing beats the desert guns.

Feedback Score
    I just sent a new Colt 20" A4 barrel off to ADCO to have an A.R.M.S. #41 B-L-P pinned on, but I sent it in with a triangle end cap because I had the intention of installing a delta ring and using Magpul MOE plastic handguards.

I'm second guessing myself now, maybe I should go with the C4 rail instead. I'm also having the same dilemma with a Colt 6720 barrel.

Feedback Score
    Oddly enough, I have the mil one sitting around as well. I also have the ARMS MK12 extended rail sitting in plastic. I have a pretty good amount of strange things.
    I just spoke with A.R.M.S and I think I will just end up ordering their rail.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Build one, you won't regret it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post
    This one has an A.R.M.S.® #59™M S.I.R.® System (NSN 1005-01-574-2540). This is the military version as compared to the commercial version Stickman is showing. It does require the removal of the Delta ring assembly, but still utilizes the standard barrel nut.

Just wanted to say I love your rifle, it puts my A2 to shame in the coolness factor.
    Last edited by Hammer_Man; 10-17-18 at 20:38.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    Build one, you won't regret it!!

I certainly have a lot of builds that wear Centurion Arms rails, but aside from my AMU build, I think all my 20" URGs are wearing the KAC rail.
    Stick

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast